PDA

View Full Version : Me, my depression & life !!!!!!

22-06-09, 21:26
Hi to all,

Ill start by saying my name is kelly i am 28 and have probably suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my life, my earliest memory is early secondary school. I am on citalopram medication ( high dose)
and feel like i am losing the fight, I found this site while looking on the internet for any help or solutions i had not heard or tried before now.
I am one of the many people in the world that hide their depression from every one accept immediate family, I feel humiliated and judged when ever i discuss it as i have heard too many people say jokingly "oh have a week off just tell the doc you are depressed" on these occasions i have just smiled but inside i am screaming with the message :

"you people have no idea "

Just wondering if any one ever feels alone and like no one understands them ??

I can honestly say most of the time the only joy i get out of life is my daughter !!!!!

thanks for listening kel

Funky Mum
22-06-09, 21:27
HI Kel
I just joined tonight and wanted to say hello :)

22-06-09, 22:08
Hi funky mum, how are you ?

Funky Mum
22-06-09, 22:13
I'm ok, actually feeling alot calmer tonight after reading about palpatations. Its a really interesting read and something I struggle with. Also this site is fantastic, knowing that you aren't the only one, that you aren't going mad and being able to talk to people who know what you are going through. Only been here a short while and I feel so comfy here, even got my slippers on lol!

How are you doing?

marie1974
23-06-09, 14:21
Hi Kel and welcome to nmp, i think unless you have suffered yourself then you cannot understand how someone feels. so many people though do suffer from dep and exercise was my escape and got me off my pills and back to some kind of normality and that was yrs ago, i do suffer anxiety but my dep has gone luckily, i still walk everywhere now though and exercise often, it really does make me more positive and motivated, even when its the last thing u want to do. hugs xxxx

doorbell
24-06-09, 17:50
Hi to all,

Ill start by saying my name is kelly i am 28 and have probably suffered from depression and anxiety for most of my life, my earliest memory is early secondary school. I am on citalopram medication ( high dose)
and feel like i am losing the fight, I found this site while looking on the internet for any help or solutions i had not heard or tried before now.
I am one of the many people in the world that hide their depression from every one accept immediate family, I feel humiliated and judged when ever i discuss it as i have heard too many people say jokingly "oh have a week off just tell the doc you are depressed" on these occasions i have just smiled but inside i am screaming with the message :

"you people have no idea "

Just wondering if any one ever feels alone and like no one understands them ??

I can honestly say most of the time the only joy i get out of life is my daughter !!!!!

thanks for listening kel

Hi Kelly

Sorry you're feeling this way, just to let you know that I am feeling the same. Wish I had a broken leg then people would understand. Taking Citalopram for last 3 weeks but doesn't seem to making much difference. I have always appeared a confindent & strong willed person so feel like people think I'm scamming (been off work for 5 weeks now). Can't lift myself out of this.
Take care of yourself and be glad that you're daughter gives you joy.

Doorbell

dazed
26-06-09, 10:44
Hi Kelly
Hope you are having a good day.
Also doorbell-I know what you mean about people thinking you might be scamming at work, I was asked all sorts of questions by co-workers after I came back from a period of illness and questions about my pay etc,didn't even stop when my supervisor send a warning e mail.People also said things to me like : 'Keep your chin up' :ohmy:

Dale.
26-06-09, 11:01
Yeah it's frustrating when people don't "get it" but then again it's hardly surprising as most people don't suffer from it and at the end of the day their comments are said with the best intentions. I think sometimes you do need a kick up the bum and told to stop dwelling on things but there's way to do it. I also imagine it can be quite draining to be around someone like myself when I am at worst... bit like a vampire sucking the joy out of everything.

I'm the same age as you and having an 'episode' today.

Southern_Belle
28-06-09, 00:54
Hi Kelly,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura