PDA

View Full Version : Changing Medication

Norfolkbabe1976
23-06-09, 00:51
I have been on Citalopram since Jan. The last few weeks have been murder, i havent wanted to do anything, just getting up and looking after our daughter is all i have managed to do. Husband keeps moaing about the house and it not being tidy, but it is not dirty. Anyways i picked a new presciption up today and made an appointment with the doctor, but i cannot be seen until 2 weeks, for my doctor and didnt fancy seeing anyone else. i just wondered when me feeling the way i do, very tearful at times, over silly little things, no energy to do nowt and at times, sat here all alone late and night, because i am not tired, wondering about ending it all. If i should double my medication, i would have enough with having picked the new tablets up today. Anyone does this and made improvements?

luisdelobo
23-06-09, 01:38
hi norfolk babe just read your post and i am a house husband looking after my little boy and it made me laugh when you said about just looking after your child and the the other half complaining about the house being un tidy.
I hear that all the time myself:)
If its any help I know when I tried different medication how it did nt agree with me so I went for a second opinion and got a different option to before which did help, anyway the main thing is you have options and between you and your doctor /s you need to get what works for you there are so many people in the same boat on this site and it really helps to know you are not alone:hugs:

Norfolkbabe1976
23-06-09, 11:40
With re-reading my post i see i may not have made my question clear. I was wanting advice on doubling my doseage, as its 2 weeks before i can see my doctor.

Anxious-in-Canada
23-06-09, 12:32
What is your dose? If it is significant you will go through the side effects again which could last for two weeks...so you may be better off waiting to see your Doctor or get a consult with another Doctor asap.

Maybe try supplementing Omega 3 with your diet.

Norfolkbabe1976
24-06-09, 00:26
the dose i am on is 40mg. initally for the first month of taking them i was on 20mg but wasnt really working, so doctor doubled it.

i have been lucky and not had any side effects. only problems i had lately is not being tired, but wanting my bed mid afternoon, which isnt good with a 3 year old. but like tonight i am really tired and ready for bed, but head keepos telling me its too early. also been having alot of dreams with ppl i know in them.

Anxious-in-Canada
24-06-09, 12:25
I would certaintly NOT double it to 80mg... that is way too much without at least consulting a doctor. Would it help if you changed the time of day you take it? Morning versus evening...

Norfolkbabe1976
24-06-09, 12:40
i normally take it mid morning, cant see how taking it a night will help me feel better in myself.

suzy-sue
24-06-09, 13:22
Doubling your dose would make you even more tired.I changed from taking it in the morning to evening and found I wasnt so tired in the day.I also sleep ok..There is a debate to whether 60mg is more effective than 40mg.80MG is far to much and I wouldnt recommend you take it.Your Dr may give you something else as it doesnt seem to be doing much for you ,he may even give you something you can take along with it ,that may help.Hope you feel better soon ,it must be very difficult for you right now. Luv SUE X:hugs:

Norfolkbabe1976
28-06-09, 02:29
really dont know what to do, i increased the medication for last few days, forgot yesterday as i changed taking it at night and ust forgot. tonight was going ok until OH did a thing on facebook, saying how dirty ir yr mind and i noticed he got high % i started asking him about it and what answers he gave and in the end he admitted, he thinks about it a few times a day and it only take looking at page 3 to think it. now i know it doesnt happen at the moment, but its saddened me to think he wants other women/gets those sort of thoughts. he reckons its a man thing. ended up having a few heated words and it reduced me to tears again. i thought i was doing well, even did a few things round the house other day and cooked and baked a cake. sorry if i should have posted this in a different section.