PDA

View Full Version : Fear of

stardust
07-09-05, 00:51
SPIDERS! horrible awful creepy crawly beasts.......eight legged freaks....i hate everything about spiders....and the sudden shock of seeing one. But spiders are everywhere and theres nothing that can be done.[V]

"The Truth is out there" Frank Gallagher. Shameless.

sal
07-09-05, 01:02
My Sam is just like you, i always though i hated them, but i am no where as bad as she is!

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

eeyorelover
07-09-05, 07:06
I don't like spiders much either but grew up on a farm so they were everywhere. The wolf spider was and is the worst. Huge hairy things - yuk.
But the thing that I am afraid of most is wasps cuz I am allergic to them. I was stung and had to have a shot immediately by paramedics so I am TERRIFIED of wasps now.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

nomorepanic
07-09-05, 08:36
OCD girl

You can get some exposure therapy for this kind of specific phobia and it is very effective.

Maybe worth a thought if they scare you that much that it is a problem for you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Quirky
07-09-05, 09:42
I used to hate them as a child but am not so bothered now. I didn't used to be able to sleep if there was one in my bedroom, I'd probably still prefer it was moved if it was huge. I live on a farm in an old house though and there are loads, at least three in the kitchen right now.
I did jump last week though, I felt my neck itch so I went to scratch it only to see my hand dislodge a huge spider! This spider was just under my chin on my neck, part on my t shirt, and I hadn't realised. But other than that I can cope with them ok now.

Karen
07-09-05, 18:22
OCD Girl

Hypnotherapy could help you with this if it is a big problem for you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

stardust
07-09-05, 18:26
I hate spiders totally but it isnt a massive problem andim just acceoting that they are around and that there is no possibilty that they can be ridded of.

seh1980
07-09-05, 20:47
I hate them too!! Does anyone actually like them? [:P]

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

stardust
08-09-05, 01:58
I hate the way they crawl

bubblestar
08-09-05, 14:10
ok this might freak u out, but i have no fear of spiders at all.. i pick them up in my hands,whatever the size and throw them out the window.. they dont bother me at all!!
my brother is terrified, and cant understand how i do it!!

i do have other fears though that other people can do with ease, im not a very good flyer and im not good with heights.

stardust
08-09-05, 22:28
Ha ha! You pick them up?

"The truth is out there" Frank Gallagher, Shameless

stardust
08-09-05, 23:22
AAAARGH! Its a spider!

stardust
08-09-05, 23:45
Aaargh! Its crawling up my arm