PDA

View Full Version : i dont know how i got like this!

Linny
23-06-09, 12:34
i have been to my doctors surgery a million times. its a group practice so i see a different one evry time almost! i have been sent to cardiology, ent, neurology and gastroenterology without finding anything specific.
i have had 4 blood tests.

right at the beginning of this, one doctor at my surgery told me he thought it was anxiety but i didnt believe that could be the sole cause.

is there anyway i am ever going to be able to accept its anxiety alone causing all this? and if i did accept it and then dismissed something serious...

its wrecking my life.

does anyone feel the same or have any words of wisdom ?

i hate what i have become :(

RosieXXX
23-06-09, 14:25
Hello Linny,

The worst thing about health anxiety is not being able to be rational about our symptoms, and it doesn't make much difference if someone tells us it is anxiety causing all the sensations we feel, because we are already convinced there is definitely something wrong. It really is a terrible condition to live with, and not easily understood, which can make us feel even more isolated.

Really we need help in changing the way we think and react to things; some people find cbt very helpful, so it might the worth asking your doctor if he could refer you. I think it helps to know there are other people here who understand the way you feel and can help support.