PDA

View Full Version : hi new to this great site

dream
07-09-05, 07:25
hi ive been looking for a site like this for a long time you all sound very kind and helpful im 31 got 3 kids ive stated haveing panic attacks about 4 years ago i went on meds for about a year and felt so much better i slowly came of them and was fine but ever since then i have a fear that i will have a p/a i think about it all day every day now i have one every now and then but all other times i feel dizzy /light headed i worry for the sake of worrying i always feel mmm not sure how i feel .i just dont feel right i hate feeling like this will i ever be free of this worry so sorry to go on [8)] thank u for your time every one

eeyorelover
07-09-05, 07:49
Hi dream and welcome :)
I get the dizzy lightheaded thing too sometimes. Alot of us here are worriers. I know that feeling this way sucks but since your panic is getting better (attacks farther apart) eventually the lightheadedness will be behind you too.
The way that I have battled it is to say "ok what if I have an attack - so what I'll live". Since I have been through it so much I know that it can't hurt me and somehow that realization has helped to make my attacks less frequent.
You never have to be sorry about posting on here. We are all here to give support and get support in return :)

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

pinkscrumpy
07-09-05, 07:59
Hiya Dream

Welcome to the site

[^][^][:(!

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

jill
07-09-05, 08:01
Hi Dream

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Please don't say sorry for going on, everyone on here umderstands what you are going through.
There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Piglet
07-09-05, 08:48
Hi Dream,

A big warm welcome to the site.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Parker
07-09-05, 09:03
Hi Dream :D

I know exactly how you feel. It becomes this vicious circle of fear, where the only thing you fear is the fear.

michelleann
07-09-05, 10:12
hi dream
welcome to the site
love michelle xxx

kazo
07-09-05, 10:36
hi Dream

Welcome to the site

Kazo xxx

tracyp584
07-09-05, 11:39
Hey Dream,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

BoxerMad
07-09-05, 11:40
Hi Dream

Welcome to the site.
I only joined 2 days ago and everyone is so nice and friendly.

Gem xx

hunny
07-09-05, 12:08
Hi Dream

Ive just joined too.I know what you mean about"just not feeling right",sometimes its very difficult to pinpoint just how your feelin isnt it?

This is a great site,people are very welcoming here:D

Hunny

trac67
07-09-05, 12:34
Hi Dream,
welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of helpul advice here and make a lot of good friends.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

dream
07-09-05, 12:55
HI thank you to every one that has replyed at 1st i just sat watching hopeing someone would reply. and lots of you have its great . i feel so much better noing im not on my own . my family are great but until you have been there i dont think you know what it is really like . does any one think the fear of having a p/a goes once you have had one [well lots[xx(] ] denise

d.white

Meg
07-09-05, 13:04
Hi Denise

*does any one think the fear of having a p/a goes once you have had one *

Once you learn and accept that you will live post any panic attack and they will not harm you - it gets progessively easier.

On from that, once you learn how to dissipate anxiety before it gets to full blown panic you know that you are capable of averting panic altogether, now that gets easier still

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)
Have you ever achieved freedom from your thoughts (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3184)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
07-09-05, 13:28
Hi Denise

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

dream
07-09-05, 13:29
thank you meg i have just read what you adviced and its all so ture i have no confidence and im very negative i never see the bright side there is so much i want to do with my life but my lack of confidence stops me i no what i need to do i just dont no how [Duh!] denise

d.white

kairen
07-09-05, 14:29
Hi Dream,

Welcome to the site,

hope you will find it a help to you,

Have you ever had any counselling, or did you just go on medication,

kairen x

pips
07-09-05, 15:22
Hi Dream,

A BIG warm Welcome to the site,

I do hope it will help you,

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

sueiamnew
07-09-05, 17:49
Welcome to the site Denise.

dream
07-09-05, 18:04
hi all thank you all so much for your kind words yes kairen i did go for counselling for about 2 months she was very helpfull and i learnt a lot from her [ breathing ] eg she showed me how to cope more with p/a then anxiety and confidence [8)] .

d.white

Cinders4
07-09-05, 21:16
Hi Dream, its great that you have found this site.. It has helped me no end!!!

nicci
07-09-05, 23:54
HI dream,
I Joined this site 3 days ago and its great in fact the best thing i have done in a long time, the people on here understand so well where we are coming from it has given me confidence and made me feel so much better about myself.
Take care :D
Nicci

nicola fencioglu

dream
08-09-05, 06:44
hi again just one day i have been on this site and so many people have took the time to reply i dont feel as negative today and i really look forward comeing back on to see how you all are and i really hope i can help out some people like you have all helped me [^]

d.white

Elaine1
10-09-05, 18:22
RE: People who understand are really important

Hi Dream,

Found site a couple of days ago and like you have found it very friendly and helpful. It's good to chat especially to those who have or are experiencing similar things. Don't ever apologise for going on, I get the feeling no one minds here.

Somewhere to be true to yourself.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Elaine

Mcched
10-09-05, 20:45
Welcome aboard Dream

Nikki

EmmaJane
10-09-05, 22:09
Hi Denise,

I totally understand how you are feeling. I was like that for years, but over the last few months, I seem to have moved on and I can deal with my anxiety alot better. I have recently done 2 Reiki courses, which I went to on my own and would never of done that before. I have made my business cards and Im ready to go out there and work on my own.

Take things slow and feel free to chat anytime you wish. Believe me with the help and support of people on here, you can find your life and anxieties get alot easier. This site has helped me get out and find out who I really am and where I want to go.

Good luck

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

paladin806
11-09-05, 10:09
Hi Dream, welcome to a great site, so much help if you ask, so much advice to read, so much warmth from everyone, feel like i do, at home. Take care. John.

nomorepanic
11-09-05, 16:57
Denise

Just wanted to offer my welcome to the forum as well.

Glad it is already helping you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

jennyf
25-09-05, 21:32
Hi dream,

Im very new here, but i wanted to say hi as well.

I sometimes find that i worry for no obvious reason, but its very hard to stop these thoughts once they begin.

I agree this site has been a great help so far.