PDA

View Full Version : Help - need advice re tingling mouth

bobo12
24-06-09, 00:16
Does anyone suffer from a tingling sensation around the mouth and tongue?I've had this for a while now on and off, but it's been really bad the last couple of daysl I mentioned it to my doctor who said its to do with over breathing and panic. I have had before tingling hands and feet which I now do tend to ignore if I get them, but this according to my dr is when the over breathing is really bad, yet i don't feel lke I'm overbreathing.

If anyone has any experience of this please let me know as its worrying me. Thanks.

ForOurFuture
24-06-09, 00:30
Hiya

I think with anxiety that you can tingle anywhere!!

I can say that I too have suffered with a tingling in the lips, not necessarily in the mouth. However your mouth is a very sensitive area and I would trust your Dr on this one.

x

xfilme
17-07-09, 10:03
Classic anaemia symptoms. Have you been for a blood test to check your iron levels lately? Or are you vegetarian/not getting enough meat/green veg in your diet?

moore
17-07-09, 10:30
I've had this for about 4 weeks now, I admit, its a new symptom for me too, but I believe it's anxiety, yes.
The fact it comes and goes, and moves around your mouth/face is a strong indicator of anxiety in my opinion.
I dont think its always from overbreathing, I think it can be caused by other anxiety symptoms, i've read that sinuses can refer pain/sensations to anywhere like mouth/face. Or herpes simplex/zoster (cold sore virus or shingles) can attack with or without a rash in times of stress.
Your doc probably right that its nothing to worry about, but these things are always a guess as to the real cause. My doc doesnt seem to know either, lol.

Emira7
17-07-09, 10:40
Hey

I get tingling in the corner of my mouth at times. I even went to my dentist. He said it was nothing.

Get it checked out if you are worried :-)

moore
17-07-09, 13:18
Hey

I get tingling in the corner of my mouth at times. I even went to my dentist. He said it was nothing.

Get it checked out if you are worried :-)

Thanks for that! Google of course says its lots of things but its good to know it is usually nothing (yes, I am still stressing about it, I should practice what I preach on here lol)