PDA

View Full Version : Learning to accept it but still don't always believe it

j2
24-06-09, 06:29
I feel that I am getting much better at accepting that all my various aches, pains and symptoms are really all caused by anxiety. I have struggled with this idea that you guys are all crazy but I am really sick :D . My biggest obstacle to finally fully accepting that this is HA and not any of the horrible things I imagine, is that even when I don't feel anxious I still have symptoms. I still get pain in my fingers, toes and other joints. I still have upper back tightness and strange feelings in my throat. I get weak legs for no reason and I fight the urge to google everyday. The worst are symptoms that aren't listed on a zillion websites as typical anxiety symptoms. The logical part of my brain knows this is entirely possible but I still struggle. Anyway, it is the middle of the night here and I can't sleep so forgive my melancholy tone. I wish you all good luck and thank you all for your support. I promise to keep trying as long as you all do.

xfrinx
24-06-09, 20:28
Hi I'm a newbie and I'm a bit like you I accept it, but I always wonder if "what if i'm right this time?"

Google certainly doesn't help HA suffers, I have NHS directs number stored in my house phone too.

vader100222
24-06-09, 21:28
ive started to accept it over the last few weeks and for me it is working.

after spending quite alot of time in the symptoms forum i relised there was a lot of people who had similar symptoms as me and i also found that there are logical reasons behind my symptoms.

so the past 4-5 weeks just shrugged off any attempt my mind made at setting me off found it works wonders.

SocialTool
25-06-09, 01:06
I, too, accept it, but sometimes I do have the whole "well what if this is THE time" moments. What I found that helps is just to affirm myself out loud (or in a whisper if people are around) that there is NOTHING wrong and this is just HA rearing its ugly head. This site also does me wonders. NMP is the best thing ever!