PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

JonH
24-06-09, 10:01
Morning all,

Trying to think of the best way to write an introduction without sounding robotic so if I do, then appologies.

I am a 29 year old from Warwickshire, married with 3 lovely daughters.

I have suffered with panic attacks for about 6 months now, the first occured driving back from work, my only thoughts at the time was "heart attack, I'm going to die". Needless to say I didn't.
After 3 weeks off work I pulled myself together and decided to take things easy, reduce my stress and not worry so much. This has worked to a certain degree, however, I still have periods where my brain decides to switch over to panic attack mode and this deflates me for 3-4 days until the side effects wear off.

My doctor has precribed anti-depressants that help with panic dissorder (something beginning with "C"??, can't remember), but I am reluctant to take something that has multiple side effects that are common to occur, I would rather take a none medicated approach.

My mind cannot understand why I am still suffering with this ailment when most of the time I feel 110%. It just doesn't make sense.

After lurking on the site for 6 months and reading about the effects this disorder has on other people I realise that I am very lucky, my symptoms seem incredably minor compared to the majority here. It's just frustrating when I feel happy with things for a while and then I'll have an attack for no reason at all.

Jon

pollyanna
24-06-09, 10:23
Hi Jon

First welcome,:welcome: i think you will find posting thoughts ,worries or advice( giving or recieving) on the site very helpful. im sorry you are struggling to get your head around this whole issue, i wondered if you had read any claire weekes books? i found that they helped me make sense of what was happening to me, and i would highly recomemend them to anyone who suffers from anxiety.

Best wishes
p X:flowers:

JonH
24-06-09, 10:34
Thanks Polly
Understanding why this happens would be a beginnning.

I'll have a look into claire weekes, appreciate the pointer

Jon

Louise21
24-06-09, 16:01
:welcome:
Hi,
Glad you found this site - I'm sure you'll find it very helpful as I have.
Best wishes.

lorac
24-06-09, 17:26
Hi Jon

Welcome to the site glad you decided to join us. There is lots of good advice and support to be found on here.

Take care

Carol