PDA

View Full Version : paniking about myself!

worrier1
24-06-09, 12:24
well over a month ago i noticed i had tinnitus. this went off a bit, and was left with a real faint ringing in,what seemed to be, one ear. went to the docs, who said not to worry, and that it could be either a blocked eustachian tube from swimming or allergy related(hayfever).
The ringing is still their, but my hayfever is quite bad at the moment. I went real dizzy 2 days ago, but did have a hangover from the weekend and was suffering from lack of sleep!

I have done the stupid thing and google my symptoms, and its come up with an Aucustic Neuroma tuma! Now i am V.scared!

I have noticed a couple of times that the ringing isnt their, but when I notice it I cant shake it off! I just cant help but focus in on it!

Also, when I clench my teeth together or swallow the ringing/hissing noise gets a bit louder? is this normal? Is is "normal" to have head noise?

please help before I go mad!

Trixie
24-06-09, 12:42
well over a month ago i noticed i had tinnitus. this went off a bit, and was left with a real faint ringing in,what seemed to be, one ear. went to the docs, who said not to worry, and that it could be either a blocked eustachian tube from swimming or allergy related(hayfever).
The ringing is still their, but my hayfever is quite bad at the moment. I went real dizzy 2 days ago, but did have a hangover from the weekend and was suffering from lack of sleep!

I have done the stupid thing and google my symptoms, and its come up with an Aucustic Neuroma tuma! Now i am V.scared!

I have noticed a couple of times that the ringing isnt their, but when I notice it I cant shake it off! I just cant help but focus in on it!

Also, when I clench my teeth together or swallow the ringing/hissing noise gets a bit louder? is this normal? Is is "normal" to have head noise?

please help before I go mad!

I suffer from tinnitus but I ignore it. Rather than reading about something with the word tumour on the end why don't you check out this site it might make you feel better.

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/index.php?q=information/info+sheets/front+page/what_is_tinnitus.htm