PDA

View Full Version : Heaches and Cipralex

Rachel424
24-06-09, 13:20
I started taking 10mg of Cipralex yesterday. Since I started taking it I have had a terrible heache and pins and needles sensations in my head. I have been too scared of the side effects to take another pill today, but I know that I should. Has anyone else experienced this when starting this medication?

Tracy43
25-06-09, 13:15
Hi
I was switched over to this from Citalopram on Monday. My doc gave me 10mg but to be honest I have cut it to 5mg as I hear it is stronger than Citalopram and I want to stay on a lower dose as possible.
I to have been getting headaches but also terrible sweats which I did not have b4.
I am hoping the side effect dissapear in a few days like they did on Citalopram.
Good Luck

magpie girl
25-06-09, 20:09
hi ive been on 5mg for 5 weeks now and the first 3 weeks was one headache :huh: it does wear off after a while. yesterday i started taking 7.5mg and i will gradually go up to 10 mg.I spoke to my gp and told him i was still a bit jittery after 5 weeks so he recommended i up the dose gradually so the side effects wouldnt be bad

Rachel424
26-06-09, 13:22
I have cut my dose in half to 5mg. Yesterday the headcahe wasn't so bad. I'm going back to my GP next week to talk to him about the side-effects. He did say that Cipralex had less side-effects than Citalopram, but I don't remember feeling this bad when I started taking Citalopram.:ohmy:

Tracy43
26-06-09, 20:15
Yer I agree, I am actually thinking of just not taking it anymore. It seems unless I am on a high dose I dont feel good so maybe its just time to stop. I did feel rough for a few weeks on Citalopram so cant say I have no side effect I just dont feel I can be bothered anymore with feeling rough.
So dont really know what to do
:shrug:

icicledreamz
27-06-09, 09:19
Hi, ive been on cipralex for about a month now, i told my doctor i was worried about side effects, so she started me on a very low dosage. quarters of the 10mg pills, im on 5 mg now. and I've had no side effects so far.
Some people are just more senstive to these meds.
maybe you should do like i did and start very slowly and ease onto the full dosage.

Tracy43
27-06-09, 16:23
That the thing, I dont wanna be on them anymore but my doc wants me on them. Anyway didnt take my tab yesterday and feel fine today. Will see what tomorrow brings and see if I can get away with just dropping it.
:shrug:

riaros
06-07-09, 23:46
was on cipralex a couple of years ago and started very slowly 5mg for ages as i was very nervous about the side effects. I went up to 10mg and apart from a few vivid dreams and a abit of a headache they really did help my panic and anxiety. Have been off for a year but have had to start them again - 5mg for a couple of weeks and the side effects are bearable. Just want to feel better so will have to persevere. They really do help so hang in there!:) :)

Rachel424
09-07-09, 15:42
Thanks everybody for your comments. I am going to try 5mg for a few weeks so that my body get used to them. I am seeing my GP next week so I will ask her for her advice.