PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Sweep1
07-09-05, 12:16
Just thought I'd say hi, I've been a lurker for a while but decided it was about time I came out the shadows!

I've recently been diagonised as suffering from anxiety after a year of thinking I was going mad and was very relieved to find this site and find out I wasn't alone or mad.

I'm due to start therapy with a psychiatrist later on this month (thank heavens for employers private health care) so am feeling very positive about that.

can't think what else to say. bye for now

Sweep1

trac67
07-09-05, 12:31
Hi Sweep,
welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of helpful advice and make some good friends here.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Meg
07-09-05, 13:17
Hi Sweep

Welcome old lurker ...

Glad you're starting therapy soon

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Let us know how you get on

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
07-09-05, 13:26
Hi Sweep,

A big welcome to the site.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
07-09-05, 13:26
Hi Sweep1

Welcome to the forum.

Hope the therapy helps.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
07-09-05, 14:08
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kairen
07-09-05, 14:15
Hi Sweep,

welcome to the site,
Good luck with the therapy,
glad you have come out of the shadows, and joined us

take care

kairen x

jill
07-09-05, 14:24
Hi Sweep

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

nomorepanic
07-09-05, 14:32
Hi Sweep

Lovely to see that you have posted if you have been here for some time.

Welcome aboard.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

pinkscrumpy
07-09-05, 14:38
Hi Sweep

A big warm welcome to you.

[^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

sueiamnew
07-09-05, 17:51
Welcome to the site Sweep.

Cinders4
07-09-05, 21:21
Hi Sweep!! tell us some more about yourself

Welcome x

Sweep1
08-09-05, 11:27
[left]thank you for the warm welcome and messages - glad I decided to join.

I don't want to bore you too much, I'm a 34 year old married Administrator living in Birmingham with a wonderfully supportive husband. I basically I started having PA's last Nov in all the usual places restaurants, shops, supermarkets etc. Of course I didn't realise what was going on but figured I was just tired as I'd also just started having problems sleeping.

By the time I worked out what was wrong and that it wasn't all in my head (as my GP told me) it was Feb\March this year. I decided to see if a hypnotherapist could help me, had a couple of sessions but didn't feel as if we were getting anywhere. Since then I've managed to control my PA's but have developed anxiety, which is especially bad first thing in the morning and only during the week. Which is hard to understand as I enjoy my job, its not too stressful and the people are lovely.

I can still work, go to the gym, go on holiday, eat out, I got married abroad in June and am even learning to scuba dive! :D Mostly I'm able to keep a lid on the anxiety but even when I'm not anxious I find the constant fuzzy head, headaches and dizziness are always there and its very wearing as it seems to take the joy out of everything :( I feel as if I've won half the battle (the PA's) and now if only I could shake the fuzzy head I'd have suceeded.

However, I'm feeling positive as I start my therapy soon and things can only improve. sorry for the long post esp as I said I wouldn't bore you

thank you all again for your encouraging words

Sweep1

Parker
08-09-05, 11:36
Not a bore at all Sweep :D It's always interesting to here peoples storys.

tammyg
08-09-05, 20:38
Hi Sweep,

*I can still work, go to the gym, go on holiday, eat out, I got married abroad in June and am even learning to scuba dive! Mostly I'm able to keep a lid on the anxiety*

It sounds like you are doing great! You have a great attitude towards it all anyway. It's good to read stories like your so of course it is not a bore!

Keep posting and let us know how you get on with the therapy.

Tam x

tracyp584
08-09-05, 21:31
Hey Sweep,

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

Take care,

tracy x x

alexis
09-09-05, 00:47
Hi Sweep, not boring at all, I think the more you post the more it helps, welcome to the site, and for doing what you do it cannot be easy, I think you will find you are not alone,also there are other sufferers from the birmingham area,take care love Alexis,xxx

pips
09-09-05, 12:44
Hi Sweep,

Definately not boring!

A BIG WARM WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

I hope it helps.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Meg
09-09-05, 13:19
Sweep

Its not just the entertainment value we look for but more crucially details of how you are, that can help us understand you better.

**Since then I've managed to control my PA's but have developed anxiety, which is especially bad first thing in the morning *

Think you may find if you hunt ,that you were anxious leading up to this state first and are now subsiding, it may have felt different .

Well done for getting it under control and finding additional help

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?