PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get palpitations after eating??

xfrinx
24-06-09, 20:59
I have had this for ages and it really freaks me out! I don't get it after every meal mind you, But it does my head it because it puts me off eating big time!:shrug:

nomorepanic
24-06-09, 21:02
Hi there

If you look at the bottom of the screen you will see similar threads and people have posted about this too.

Have a read of them or visit the palpitations forum too.

vader100222
24-06-09, 21:20
this is one of my worst symptoms hate it sometimes i can eat great other times i just know its going to happen.

for me though it was mainly when i ate unhealty food i.e takeaway fastfood so i try to eat more healthly.

hope this helps.

xBettyBoopx
24-06-09, 23:35
Hi there

I'm the same, I get heart racing sometimes after eating, so I scoured the internet:ohmy:

I started a thread about it here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50805&highlight=Elspeth

Els

SocialTool
25-06-09, 00:58
This is so crazy! I came here to read some reassuring things because my PVCs were acting up. One correlation that I have made is if I am really tired and really hungry and I eat they happen. Thanks to NMP, I totally understand them and 9 out of 10 times they don't send me into a tizzy.

xfrinx
25-06-09, 08:11
Hi there

If you look at the bottom of the screen you will see similar threads and people have posted about this too.

Have a read of them or visit the palpitations forum too.

Oh I see, Sorry about that I'm a newbie still finding my way round! Thank you! :)

looking4answers
11-07-09, 03:08
I hate this too...Eating causes gasses to settle around the heart thus causing your heart to speed up and also your body has to work harder to digest the food.

I too used to think if I didn't eat that it wouldn't happen but then you get acid from being hungry which does the very samething.

So anyway I am not anxious or have panic anymore and sometimes I get out and work really hard after eating but ignore the heart..I think when you are paying more attention to it , problem is worse and speeds the heart up.

Just try to ignore it as much as possible. Eat things that won't cause gas,
don't eat to much ,and drink a strong soda with your meal to make you
burp. It helps. Acutally this is the only reason I even drink soda..For the burp lol..