PDA

View Full Version : five weeks on citalopram

kath135
24-06-09, 22:51
This is my 5th week on citalopram and I've just put the dose up from 10mg to 20mg overall i'm doing ok but I still keep having moments of anxiety, all though they dont last very long they are quite intense. Most of the time I feel quite positive the only thing that i have struggled with is how random the attacks are, normally my P/A happen for a reason but while i've been on the meds they just come and go for no reason at all. I do hope this passes, otherwise I dont see the point on being on the meds.

nomorepanic
24-06-09, 23:02
kath

Medication will NOT cure panic and anxiety at all. It just alleviates some of the symptoms whilst you do other things to recover.

Increasing the dose will make you feel worse as well for a while.

suzy-sue
24-06-09, 23:11
Hi Kath,you will get increased anxiety when you increase your dose . This varies from person to person.If you have only been taking it 5 weeks,the original dose still hasnt settled properly it takes6-8 weeks.It will gradually get better over the next few weeks. Have you been offered any CBT therapy by your Dr ? Claire weeks books are sold inthe NMP shop and are excellent in helping to recover from anxiety,and you can also get free downloads of her tapes. Im sure you will feel much better when your pills have settled.The Citalopram sub forum has lots of useful posts you might be glad to read . All the best Sue:hugs: