PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Sertraline(zoloft)

mdLc
25-06-09, 02:05
Hi to everyone...

I have a question regarding sertraline(zoloft).

I originally started on 50 mg which made me sick to my stomach some weeks back, but continued to keep taking it thankss to my doctors assurance that the side effects would soon pass. After 2 weeks I was feeling great. no more panic or anxiety and I felt like a whole new person.

I then upped my dose from 50 mg to 100mg without any side effects and have been taking that dose for the past month, when I went to see my doctor last week I explained to him that the pills are working great except I feel that they stop working around my monthly cycle, he told me that I should increase my dose from 100 to 150 the week before my monthly is expected to arrive and if I like it to continue at that dose.

I have started at 150mg this past sunday and lately I am starting to feel wierd again, dizzy and somewhat off balance...has anyone else ever experienced this while increasing doses? if so did it pass? any info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

lotte_82
25-06-09, 15:02
Hi....I was prescibed Sertraline 4 weeks ago....started at 50mg, and increased weekly to 100mg, and then 150mg...which I am still on

I cant give you much advice about the side effects, for me the main side effect on each increase was that my anxiety worsened for a week or so after the increase. I was prescribed the Sertraline as I am severly depressed andunfortunatley I have yet to see much positive improvement on that front.....in relation to the sickness, dizziness etc, my appetitie is very poor anyway still so I cant say that it has worsened at all from being on the Sertraline.

I hope my ramblings are of some use for you
xx

mdLc
27-06-09, 06:12
Hey Lotte...

Thanks so much for the reply...I seem to be getting better each day, hopefully by time the full week is up I will be back!
Fingers crossed(X):)

Thanks again!