PDA

View Full Version : partner wants to have kids

scared27f
25-06-09, 02:30
hey every1

ive a fantasic guy that is really supportive and helps me with my panick attacks,,, recently he started talking bout us having a family,,, wth me the way i am with my panick attacks i couldnt go threw pregnancy again ive a son whos 8 from a previous relationship and know how sick and stressed i was but i never had panick attacks the last pregnacy ,, i know each pregnacy is different but even the thoughts of it makes my head spin and my heart race ,,, and if i were to get pregant this is an added stress to the baby..i dont want to lose my partner wat do i do?

SocialTool
25-06-09, 02:38
My girlfriend wants to have a baby badly and so do I. She cannot have children due to a medical issue. I am very very fertile, but the thought of carrying a child with my HA for 9 months is NOT an option. On top of that I am on meds and can't imagine being off of them. I suggest you open up to your partner about your HA. If you are truly in a comitted relationship and he loves you, you won't lose him over this. Plus, it will help you and the relationship if you are open with your anxiety. I know it has done wonders for my recovery. :yesyes:

mau
25-06-09, 02:52
Having a child is in my opinion the biggest decision we ever make.

Kids are for life not just to let some bloke feel like a man

You have an eight year old son from a previous relationship therefore I presume that his father and you split up.

Before I would even contemplate having a child with a partner I would at the very least expect some legal contract drawn up.

Too many men want their partner to bear their child then walk out when the schitt of sleepless nights, expense, life changing responsibility hits the fan.

Don't be drawn into bearing a child unless your partner is willing to legally sign up to taking responsibility for you and the child