PDA

View Full Version : Really anxious about GA.

mdposter
25-06-09, 11:23
Hey, I have to go in for surgery tomorrow and am being put under a general anaesthetic.
I'm not sure why but I keep getting really scared that I might get Anaesthetic awareness and am just wondering if anyone hinks they can hekp with my worries.

Thanks alot,
-md.

Blot
25-06-09, 14:33
Hi there, I understand your apprehension totally. Just remember that the anaesthetist is highly trained & experienced,knows the drugs & their effects. The drugs are generally calculated according to your weight & height. It is very very rare that people are aware of the goings-on whilst under anaesthetic. You will be absolutely fine. Remember to tell the doc that you are anxious.xx

Stressed32
25-06-09, 15:16
I had 2 surgeries and felt the exact same fear. It did not happen! I will say that it was the BEST sleep I ever had! The last time I went in, I was so nervous they gave me something to help me relax before even putting me under....and I remember NOTHING after that! Perhaps they can do the same for you. It will be fine and you will be in for the nap of a lifetime. Good luck and I hope all goes well for you.