PDA

View Full Version : Not the only one

Becky
07-09-05, 16:20
Had depression for ever, self-harmed for years, panicking at anything - no-one but no-one could feel as i do - then I find you lot. How good is that?

Been reading this is and it is really helping and I am trying to manage things better since I read a real good book written called The Naked Bird Watcher by a girl called Johnston and she sounded a lot like me in many ways. She's been bipolar for over 10 years or so and it was so good to read a book that was so positive in its message and all. I mean she described how horrible it all is. She had real bad depression and self-harmed and stuff but it all seemed to make so much sense the way she wrote it. Even my mam understood better she said. But she is so positive in the book it was just great.

Anyway reading all your stuff here has really helped and I don't feel so alone now.

Will have to watch though that I don't trigger as some of it is upsetting like but thanks loads for being here.

Becky

seh1980
07-09-05, 16:37
Welcome aboard Becky!!

Hope we can offer you some good support here :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
07-09-05, 17:44
Hi Becky

Welcome to the forum. I too suffer from depression and have had a problem with self-harm.

I'm glad you have found something that helps you and gives you inspiration.

Have you had any other help to deal with this?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pips
07-09-05, 23:06
Hi Becky,

A BIG warm welcome to the site i'm glad it's helping you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

jill
08-09-05, 08:46
Hi Becky

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will help
and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JJILLXXX