PDA

View Full Version : help

dante
25-06-09, 20:35
i not sure what i have, i have the anxiety with me all the time but i have horrible intrusive thoughts, from crashing my car when i am driving to thoughts of harming people, i dont think it ocd because the thoughts and feelings are there all the time.
i cant stop thinking about how i am ill and that keeps me anxious, i dont really have a break, i find it hard to read or do anything i enjoy.as soon as i realise i am not anxious it comes back, it feels like i am keeping it there on purpose.
i need to know if anyone has it all the time or do people just get it now and again
thanx

Blot
25-06-09, 20:59
Hi Dante, I Am Sorry That You Feel So Bad. I Go Through Periods Where The Thoughts Are Intrusive & Cause My Anxiety Levels To Increase So I End Up Having Panic Attacks.i Have Been Told That We Should Not Give The Thoughts As Much Thought Thereby Reducing Their Power So Then Our Anxiety Levels Diminish.i Am Trying This At The Mo So We Shall See.........
I Think That All People Have Sacry Thoughts At One Stage Or Another In Their Lives,we Are Just In The Unfortunate Position Of Being Anxious In The First Place So Any Negative Thought Or Chage In Our Bodies Physically Tend To Freak Us Out.

Hang In There,keep Expressing Your Feelings On The Site Bc By Sharing It Always Helps To Allow Others To Give You Support!

Xxx

wiskersonkittens
25-06-09, 21:12
Dante, I am not an expert, but I have been diagnosed with OCD for the very same reasons you are describing. I will get on a thought or symptom and I can't let it go. I will literally sit and dwell on it for days and get angry if someone interrupts my thinking. I guess I am just trying to figure things out. I am more O than C, though. I do have minor compulsions, but I am more obsessive. OCD is an anxiety disorder -- might be something to look in to if you continue to feel you are on a hamster wheel going in circles and can't get off.

Rachel_123
25-06-09, 21:49
hey dante

i know exactly how you feel. i go through these phases of these intrusive thoughts that make me so anxious, and sometimes its like i keep them there on purpose. its a horrible feeling it really is :(

just keep talking about your feelings - you'd be amazed how great it feels to get everything off your chest, try and stay positive

x

dante
25-06-09, 21:50
i think i might have ocd but then it all part of anxiety.
i cant get the thoughts out of my head,sometimes i just have the anxious feeling for no reason then after a while the thoughts start getting worse.
i cant get the thoughts out of my head, feel like a hamster just running from one thing to another.
as soon as i try to help myself the thoughts get worse like i dont want to get better.

Rachel_123
25-06-09, 21:52
the important thing to do is accept what is happening to your body instead of trying to label yourself. keep calm, and try to distract yourself, as difficult as it may seem, you can feel better.

dante
26-06-09, 16:51
i try distracting myself but it feels like my head is split into 2 so even tho i am doing something the thoughts and anxiety still there if u know what i mean, i can work but have all this anxiety and mad thoughts its hard to concentrate.

Rachel_123
26-06-09, 17:02
yeah i totally understand. try meditation maybe? just make an effort to clear your mind of all thoughts; have alook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0rSmxsVHPE