PDA

View Full Version : THE HEAT

eeyorelover
25-06-09, 21:22
Ok not sure if it's my premenapause or a symptom of my anxiety or a mix of the two but when it's over 80 I'm miserable!
Sweating, sticky, tired, and just plain peeved at the world!!!
LOL

The heat index has been over 100 all week and if this keeps up I'm just going to be a puddle of goo soon!!!
Grrrrrrrr

Yes we have the air on but the humidity is fighting it so it's just not cool in the house.

Are there any tricks for beating the heat that anyone could share?
xxx
Sandy

bottleblond
25-06-09, 21:47
Sandy

Yup mate the posts are flowing about the heat here at the moment and i agree with you, i HATE it.

I don't know many folks here who have air conditioning but by god i wish it was an option. I shouldn't moan though as i bet the UK doesn't have a patch on the US heat.

I have a fan by my bed and i couldn't sleep without it.
Shall we move to Iceland?
:hugs:
Lisa
xxx

eeyorelover
26-06-09, 01:37
Oh!!!!
Sitting in an igloo, drinking coco and watching the TV with my teeth chattering!!
BLISS!
When you want to leave Lisa?

People in the UK don't have air conditioning???
Why not?

Worrier
26-06-09, 17:13
Hey Sandy,

Just wanted to say I am totally feeling what you are saying. Try living in Vegas lol. The only good thing is no humidity (but I lived in KS for 10 years so know how it feels when its 100 and 90% humidity).

Sometimes I take a cold wet wash cloth and drape it round my neck to try and help me cool down.

Hang in there, drink lots and do nothing lol.

Take care
Natalie x

Southern_Belle
28-06-09, 00:20
Hi Sandy,

Try living in the south! It is in the high '90s and yes we have tons of humidity but I will say nothing like Florida where I used to live so I count my blessings.

I went to high school near Sarasota, Florida back (well I'm just not going to tell, lol) but we didn't have air conditioning in our school. It wasn't that it wasn't invented yet but guess they were cheap. I remember once in a stenographer's class the teacher sat there and just said "Ladies today we will just sit and be quiet" ROFL, and that is exactly what we did. When we all got up to go on to our next class you could all hear our legs trying to get unstuck from the seats due to our sweat, because back then you didn't dare wear shorts to school, only skirts or dresses and this was a public school system. Those were the days!

I would put wet washclothes in the freezer (in a small baggie) and take them out and put them on the back of your neck when you are dying of heat.

Love,

Laura

ps

When I was in London in August a couple of years ago in a pub in the very back I was down right hot due to no air and no windows, could not believe there weren't any windows. I recall there wasn't air conditioning except in the very best of hotels and restaurants.