PDA

View Full Version : I don't want a relapse

Gregor
25-06-09, 21:54
I really didnt want to write this, because i feel that thinking too much about it is going to cause me more problems than i already have. However, i am feeling in a bad way and am very worried.

I have just moved into a new flat which is up one flight of stairs. It has long been a problem of mine with my anxiety going up and down stairs. I was doing not too bad the past week or so, but today i had an anxiety attack whilst going back up. I ended up at the top end of the stairs (like on the steps, but near the top), just lying there unable to move, but very afraid of falling down. I was there for about 20 minutes. That was until my dad visited and found me and helped me back up.

I'm worried because a few years ago, i spent one whole year locked upstairs in my flat because i couldnt get down the stairs at all. I really dont want to go back to that.

I'm not sure what to do because i feel like i dont want to be here anymore, but even if i could move out to somewhere easier, that would be a massive cop out and just avoiding the situation.

It's taken me a lot of effort just to get to the stage where i can walk abley around the town with my anxiety, but if i'm stuck upstairs again, all my hard work will be lost.

Someone please help....