PDA

View Full Version : too scared to live my life

te34resa
07-09-05, 18:04
Hello everyone, I'm just hoping someone replies even if just with a friendly word as I feel so all alone with this. Part of my (many) problems is that I'm physically ill a lot which I should be able to cope with-everyone else seems to,right?- but I can't because anxiety and panic and fear makes everything seem so unbearable. I have irritable bowel and currently suffering bad migraine and sinus attacks. I can't seem to be like other people and have bad days and then move on, I take every burden with me. My husband doesn't get it either, he just says well if you're ill somewhere then so what? But I'm such a control freak and don't know how to live with all the "what ifs?" What if I'm out and can't get home when I get a migraine? I'm also emetophibic which doesn't help matters. To give an example, I've recently started drama to give me more confidence which I'm loving- can't believe it, I always give things up after a few times. Last night I got a terrible headache while there but somehow manged to last through the evening. By the time I got home I was shaking, couldn't breathe and was sick. My body's always gone into overdrive when I'm sick even when I was little. Now it knows the pattern a migraine takes and I get the full works. I'm so scared of losing it completely in front of others- the full-blown heavy breathing shaking and crying routine. I'm trying so hard to just lead a normal life. Now I know I'll worry about going back in case it happens again. I also have a works training day that involved travelling with others and being out the whole day that scares me. I'm so tired of what if's. The only person I know like this is my mum and it's made her life miserable and gets my dad down and angry. I don't want that for me. I want guarantees that when I have a busy day I won't be in the toilet or coping with a pounding head but of course no-one can give that so I live in fear. Does one single person out there know what I mean and how do you cope? How do I cope? I'm so sick of giving things up I enjoy because eventually people will see I'm not "normal". Teresa

Karen
07-09-05, 18:20
Hi Teresa

Sorry to hear things are so difficult for you right now. I have had problems with IBS and also get migraines so I sympathise with how ill this can make you feel.

Have you had any treatment for the migraines. There are a lot of different medications your doctor could prescribe to help with this. I tried a number of different ones before I found one that helps and I very rarely get the nausea with them now.

Also some people swear by Feverfew which is a herbal remedy.

Are you receiving any therapy or treatment for the anxiety?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

stardust
07-09-05, 18:24
Hi. I understand your plight and i can just say that hang on in there, dont worry too much, you are normal and you are, its just that youve got some health problems. Have you been to see your GP?

I think you need to go to the doctors to get a blood test or some kind of check up because you need to find out what is causing these problems. If you ever need to talk you know where i am.

"The truth is out there" Frank Gallagher, Shameless