PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Mich1111
26-06-09, 12:22
Hi

I'm 32 and have suffered with anxiety and depression since I was at school.
I was bullied when i was younger and as a result have always suffered low self esteem and constantly worry what people think of me.

For probably the best part of 8 years my symptoms were controlled by venlafaxine. Just under 2 years ago I was weaned off it (the withdrawal effects were horrific) as my husband and I wanted to start a family. I had ups and downs but on a whole life was great and I thought I was coping.

This was up until 2 weeks ago, on a couple of occasions when I was out I suffered full blown panic attacks to the point I was sweating one minute then shivering through being cold the next and my legs were like jelly. I thought I was dying.

I was determined to beat it without medication but its got to the stage where I cant drive, work or go out without feeling so ill. My head feels constantly fuzzy and I'm terrified somethings going to happen to my family and I feel I can not cope with anything. I just want to sleep all the time as its the only time i dont feel none of this.

I've had blood tests and the doctor has said I am fine just suffering from anxiety again. I thought this would calm me down but it hasnt.

I have now been subscribed propranolol but after having read the leaflet and side effects am too scared to take it. Also I have read about the effects of coming off them and dont want to go through what I did with the venlafaxine.

Sorry for going on - I guess I'm just looking for reassurance/speak to people who have gone through or are going through a similar thing. Its so hard for non sufferers to understand.

Southern_Belle
28-06-09, 01:04
Hi Mich,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

suzy-sue
28-06-09, 23:01
Hi Mich and:welcome: .to NMP.You will find lots of support here and there is lots of info on the Main menu. Luv Sue x