PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance/kick up the bum needed asap

ladybird64
26-06-09, 12:57
Hi all

Just going to write this.
I have got to do various piddling little things today which all involve me travelling in different damned directions and as I have no car, I'm going by bus (doesn't freak me out but is time consuming).
I have to go one place to get stuff for a lock on the fridge, somewhere else for photocopier paper and somewhere else to go and get the bloomin ingredients for the cakes which my daughter has decided to bake for her church table top sale tomorrow.
As she can't be unsupervised someone has to be in the kitchen with her at all times, no prizes for guessing who the someone is..and I hate baking. :lac:
I am getting all agitated because I'm having to do all this stuff, I have asked older daughter to come with me to give me a hand..so far she has taken an hour and a half to get dressed and she hasn't even finished getting ready, although she knows I'm in a hurry.

Basically need an reassurance that I can manage this and not go into meltdown (rapidly heading there at the moment) and the kick is to tell me to stop being daft.

Quick please..x

monochrome
26-06-09, 13:22
you will be fine, maybe make a list of all the things you need to do so they are not all buzzing in your head, then cross them off as you go along. Once she's ready hopefully your daughter will make the day easier :)
Just don't panic about it all.....it wouldnt be the end of the world if you cant do everything today. Good luck.
LT x

cheekycharlie
26-06-09, 14:17
don't think of all things you have to do as one long list, break it down & do one thing at a time & it doesn't matter if you miss a couple of things off the list. It won't all seam all so overwhealming then. x

cheekycharlie
26-06-09, 14:19
also with thr baking thing, try not to look at it as a thing you hate to do, focus on all the fun things about it, like your daughter having a fun time & seeing her face light up when she is doing it. That should take your mind off the fact your doing something you hate & you are turning it into a positive experience. x