PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get this

LisaLisa
26-06-09, 16:19
Can any one reassure me

Today i reached to pick something up and had this really horrible jarring feeling in the veins in my arm if that makes sense. Really horrible feeling almost as though the veins or muscles or something rubbed or got twisted over the bone....?

I know sounds wierd but was a very disinctive feeling and it worried me a lot.

Also does anyone think that it is bad that two years ago my doc did blood tests because i asked him and he said they were all fine and that i had as much red blood cells are a huge man. Well i then looked this up and read that dehydration can cause you to have to many red blood cells? Should i worry? Do you think that if they were dangerously high that there was a problem that they would heve been really high?

Also i have had blood taken lots of times since then including regularly throuhg out my pregenancy recently and noone said anything, also i saw seom results myself and the red cells were okay then.

Also....sorry....after those blood test another dr asked me if i smoke, which i do and then he said okay thats fine..you should stop though its bad for you/ Can anyone think or tell me why my blood results would cause him to ask that ?

Sorry to go on

Lisa
xxx

Stressed32
26-06-09, 19:01
Hi Lisa, I think you probably just pulled a muscle in your arm so relax about that ok.

As far as your bloodwork goes, I had some done in March. I was concerned b/c they told me I too had a lot of red blood cells, actually, he told me I had "thick blood". I of course googled and read the same as you about dehydration....so I try to drink more water. Funny thing is, I am not sure if you remember me telling you this but I had a copy of old lab work from 10 years ago. My redblood cells and hemogoblins were EXACTLY the same and that lab did not flag them as high. Also, my numbers were not that much above normal, only like .2% and my Dr. mentioned it....so YES, if anything was off even a little, much less dangersously so, they would have told you!

As far as asking you if you smoke....they all ask that so they can give you "the lecture" about smoking! Every doctor I have ever been to asks me that!

nomorepanic
26-06-09, 20:02
Blood changes daily so results from 2 years ago will not be valid now.

I have weekly blood tests and each week the results can vary.

Every doctor asks if you smoke or asks if you exercise and try and lose weight lol