PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever

louisa2983
26-06-09, 17:17
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else gets wheezing and shortness of breath with hayfever, I do and it freaks me out sometimes...

Also wondering if anyone finds hot weather a panic trigger?

Love Lou xx

Stressed32
26-06-09, 18:25
Louisa- I have hayfever that is worse in the heat because the heat drys my nose out. I have also weezing and shortness of breath...which can also come from anxiety.

rosepetal
26-06-09, 19:05
I find I can tend to feel I lose sense of my physical boundaries in hot weather, and feel more vulnerable due to the physical exposure.
I also get all kinds of stuff with hayfever, and it blocks my nose up, which can make me panic because it takes me back to childhood with bad sinus problems and I couldn't breathe through my nose.

sMINT
26-06-09, 19:16
Im so with you on the hot weather! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE it lol.

Last night was the worst with the thunder, it was so close and sticky I felt like screaming. and now its gone hot again.

I love waking up to grey or clouds/rain. Puts me in a happy mood. I find the sun depressing becuase I really cant handle the heat. Give me a nice skiing holiday any day over a sunny beach one.

I also get really bad hayfever not any wheezing though. I get the feeling of not being able to breathe though which is prob anxiety related from my blocked nose.

majdle
26-06-09, 23:05
Hey there,
I donīt ever get it, but my Grandma who has severe hayfever does. I think itīs caused by hayfever. Try not to worry, anxiety is not making anything better, been there, know that :-) Youīll be fine, this is really something wuite common in hayfever sufferers.

louisa2983
26-06-09, 23:36
Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, feel better now.. was gonna phone nhs direct but just gonna wait till i go to doctors on monday..

take care x

nomorepanic
26-06-09, 23:39
My breathing is bad today and I have asthma and hayfever

They told me to increase the dose on my brown inhaler till it passes