PDA

View Full Version : hi im new and maybe u cud help?

angelmummy
26-06-09, 20:45
hi evryone
my name is emma, im 20 and i lost my gorgeous little girl scarlett six weeks ago during labour of a full term pregnancy at 40weeks and i had her the funeral about 5 weeks ago which broke my heart. during labour i lost alot of blood and now suffer from health anxiety.
my worst symptom is chest pain and im so scared im goin to have a heart attack or my lung will collapse. iv had numerous ecg's, a chest x ray and a ct scan.
i was told everthing was ok but still cant believe them and im convinced somethin is wrong. i also suffer from a really horrible ache in my arms and pain in my armpit when im breathing.
please can some one help me and reassure me im not alone. this is takin over my life xxx

tashbarnes87
26-06-09, 21:00
aww hun, i am so sorry to hear about your little girl, I hope your ok xx

With regards to your symptoms, Anxiety can cause soooooooo many symptoms look at the symptoms link on the left hand side of the page. You have had lots of test hun and they would have def picked something up if there was anything. I had serious trouble breathing when i went through my 'omg i have lung cancer' phase truelf horrible but it does get better the less you focus on it xx

magpie girl
26-06-09, 22:01
hi emma im so sorry for your loss of scarlett
I used to get the same symptoms when i first had anxiety at the begining.Because your so anxious the chest muscles spasm and thats what causes the pain and not breathing right.
Your not going to have a heart attack,i know its awful and the pain is horrid but you are not going to die from it.
Read the help steps i did and it really helped plus the people on here are great if you need any help or advice
take care xxxx

mabelina
26-06-09, 22:22
Hi Emma, i couldnt possibly imagine what you've just been through and having any type of anxiety now is only normal. You've done all the right things in having yourself checked out physically, but what about mentally? Maybe some counselling to help you with your grief and HA will be of some relief. :hugs:

chantelle
27-06-09, 01:33
Hi Emma

my friend lost her twin daughters (at36 weeks) last October. She was taken in to be induced and was being monitored the day before when the heartbeat of one baby started to fall. She had an ovarian cyst which burst and poisioned both babies. She was preped for emergency cisarian but ended up having life-saving surgery while her poor husband waited for 8 hours. It was their first babies and the first grandchildren on either side so very special. The funeral, like Scarletts, broke everyone's hearts. However, even though there is not a day that goes past when she thinks of them, she says that the pain has got a bit easier. She also suffered from a lot of anxiety about her health but after tests has had the all-clear and the doctors have said that what she went through was perfectly understandable in the circumstances. They are starting, slowly, to rebuild their lives and you will too. Give yourself time - remember Scarlett was with you for 40 weeks so the pain of her loss will not go away quickly but it will ease. My friend said that she felt like you and just told herself (about 50 times a day to a mirror) "This tradegy has happened but I will not allow it to rob me of my future." Thinking of you and feeling your pain

Chantelle

cassy1989
27-06-09, 10:59
I am so so sorry to hear about your little girl xxxx

I really do think that this anxiety you are suffering is normal after such a trauma.
Also the aching you are describing is probably grieve. Grieve can hurt you physically too.
Have you been offered counselling? I really think you need to talk to your doctor about this and also make sure you talk to all your family and friends too. You need all the support you can get right now xx

pollyanna
27-06-09, 11:17
Hi emma

I am so sorry you have lost your little girl,

i agree with everything cassy has said, maybe a good idea to look into some counselling, and use all the support networks you can to help you get through this very difficult time.

My thoughts are with you.

pauline x:hugs:

bottleblond
27-06-09, 11:59
Hi Angel

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like.

Please take all the help and support that is offered to you.

Panic attacks/anxiety can cause all the symptoms that you are having and if you have had the tests mentioned above then i am sure there is absolutely nothing untoward going on. Anxiety can be very scary and can mimic illness but will not harm you in any way.

I hope we can support you through this difficult time.

Lisa
xxx
:hugs: