PDA

View Full Version : Aftermath

tulip123
07-09-05, 21:17
Hi. After making myself really ill and going on antidepressants. I managed to get myself into work - good distraction. Things are beginning to stabalise with the pills and I feel a little bit better each day thank goodness. I hate taking the things though as I don't like recovery to be dependant.

Tulip

sadie
07-09-05, 21:42
Hi Tulip,

Sometimes its a good idea to take antidepressants for a short period of time such as 6 months just to break the cycle of panic and anxiety. They do take a few weeks to kick in but once they do you will feel so much more positive. Do not see this as a failure.. but just another step for you on your road to recovery!

Take care

sadie

seh1980
07-09-05, 22:18
hi Tulip,

The important thing is that you are getting better. Once you have reached a certain stage, you will be able to come off the meds and deal with it alone. It does take time though..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Piglet
08-09-05, 09:26
H Tulip,

Well done on managing work that's an achievement in itself.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

MikeyT
08-09-05, 19:04
I know of you feel - was thinking of going to my GP to see what he says - I too don't want to be on meds - but could do with help to get out of this cycle, just as the other replies have said.
What meds have you been prescribed?

Good luck
Mick

tulip123
08-09-05, 19:22
I'm taking Anafranil which supposed to be good with obsessive and worring thoughts. I was offered prozac by another doctor but I didn't want to go down that road. I felt sick when I first took it but have developed some sort of tolerance to it. I have felt calm enough to face work - I have a very stressful job. I'm not sure if it is me or the meds that has allowed me to do it as I'm only about a week into the course. I'm not happy taking them as there are less painful but nevertheless irritating side effects. Even though I am slowly recovering I feel a bit down from time to time that I have let my mental health slip so I feel a need to take meds.

Tulip

seh1980
08-09-05, 20:34
We all need a little help Tulip. Taking meds is nothing to be ashamed of :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tulip123
11-09-05, 10:08
Hi.

This week I felt I made a bit of progress. I have finally got rid of the obsessive thoughts for now and had felt calmer. I have a stressful job which takes up most of my time and I have coped with it well. I woke up this morning feeling pretty bad again for no reason at all. The meds so far are making me feel drowsy more than anything. This morning I awoke with an adrenalin push in my chest and that faint fear of panic again. Hopfully I will try and get some work today and it will ware off. Set backs can sometimes feel worse than the illness itself.

Tulip

tammyg
11-09-05, 15:01
Hi Tulip,

It sounds like you are doing really well. It seems that work acted as a distraction for you before so it's probably a good idea to do some today. This isn't necessarily a set back, just a bad day. Stay positive, you're doing great!

Tam x

tulip123
11-09-05, 17:07
Thanks for the support. I did get up feeling bad and for most of the afternoon tried to get on with my work. Felt on panic stations most of the day so I went out for a long run to get rid of the adrenalin. I feel the better for it. As I am suffer from claustrophobia I am beginning to think my tiny flat is making it worse as of late. I keep wanting to break out. Thats why I am happier at work and distracted. I'm also making sure I keep active at least one evening a week. Anyway, got my work done, I shall enjoy the rest of my sunday evening. I shall also need to think about moving into something bigger as this tiny space is doing my head in + it is hard to get tidy.

tulip

Meg
11-09-05, 19:20
**I have finally got rid of the obsessive thoughts for now and had felt calmer. **

Well done for doing this . Its a great step to manage this.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?