PDA

View Full Version : Hi All, Michael Jackson's Death Has Really Affected Me Negatively!

Blot
27-06-09, 17:20
I am shocked at Michael Jackson's death.I enjoyed his music, found him a very sad individual. I feel freaked out by the media coverage about his having had a heart attack as he was under so much pressure, was on medication. It makes me worry about the likes of us who live with this perpetual anxiety, leading to panic attacks, how do I know that it will not affect my heart?

I worry about the anti-anxiety medication I am on as prescribed by the doc. I do not take any other medication at all bc I think I have a phobia about the side effects of meds.ANYBODY OUR THERE? PLEASE REASSURE ME & GIVE ME YOUR THOUGHTS.......:unsure:

kenboon
27-06-09, 17:33
I'm not on meds, but I must admit I have had really bad heart palps over the last few days. It's been a good while since I have had them too.

Try not to think about it, as that is exactly what the illness craves and in turn it will make you feel worse.

Hope your feeling better soon

Ken

Veronica H
27-06-09, 17:54
Hi Blot

The death of Michael Jackson is sad and he was a very talented artist who paid a high price for his fame. He had body dysmorphia which led him to have many surgeries. He was addicted to pain medication apparently and had been pushing himself hard to prepare for his concerts....he was not a typical 50 year old.

Best wishes
Veronica:bighug1:

Funky Mum
27-06-09, 18:08
I agree with Veronica, he certaintly wasn't your average 50 year old. He was very frail and underweight, under enormous pressure, had been trying to get back in shape for his tour.
The stories I've been hearing (but not confirmed) were that it could've been an overdose or something to do with the pain meds he was on. The family laywer was very vocal and angry on the pain meds he was on!

:bighug1:

nomorepanic
27-06-09, 18:23
Try to look at it like this.

You are at the same risk of a heart attack now as you were before he died.

It has just brought it home to a lot of people that yes you can just die like that at a young age.

All you can do is reduce your risks so that it doesn't happen to you.

danna
28-06-09, 01:17
Yes I was!!!!!!!

I was freaking out when I learned the news... 2 deaths at the same day... Farah and Michael...
plus the media circus and everybody talking about it....

I had to turn of the TV and let people do what they got to do : TALK about it!
but I just don't want to hear...
I have health anxiety and panic attacks..... and I hate taking meds also....
I am under a lot of stress... but I will get better soon ... and this is just one moment in my life!

but... I hate having to deal with those things....

Blot
28-06-09, 16:32
Hi ALL. Thanx so much for your response to my post.
I am still freaked by the whole business but it seems as though there is more to MJ'S tale than meets the eye so I should try not internalise this tragedy.

I do feel trapped by this condition, I am making a concerted effort to stop thinking thoughts related to my health anxiety, not easy though. I am not being very successful.

We are all in this together are we not?

castlesinthesky
28-06-09, 17:42
yes Blot, it was tragic as he died at a young age,i grew up listening to his music.i also have anxiety but i try to think in a positive way which is not easy at times ,because i had a death in my family 1 yr ago.the way i try to see it,lifes too short so i try to take it one day at a time.

looking4answers
11-07-09, 02:35
Hi,

Just wanted to say that it affected me ...But as I realize what kind of drugs he was on and not being supervised and the reaction drugs can have on a person no matter what age. I realized I shouldn't worry but understand , he lived fast and died young.

It seems it happens to many that get caught up in that trap.

Now I will tell you someone that I freaked me out..Billy Mayes the Pichman...Man thats kind of unnerviing to here of someone younger
than you going to bed feeling bad and not waking up,

But then again my brother was 44 got up to go to work..Had a massive cornanary but I have outlived him by 10 years now and well ..It was
just one of those things. I had to get over it then so I guess it happens..