PDA

View Full Version : too much all at once this evening

rosepetal
27-06-09, 20:29
I would appreciate some words of comfort and reassurance as well as hugs, if possible please. I just wasn't sure which forum to put this in, and I really do need some hugs.

I'm... petrified? Numb?
Scared I'll start shaking, crying soon.
It's been ... overwhelming the past few hours.

At work, saw an armed policeman [with machine gun] chasing after someone through the park backing onto the library where I work.

Then there was a major crash on the North Circular when I was walking home - I walked right near the scene/aftermath of it.

Then the rain came down. Rain like you've never seen before. Rivers of it.
I got soaked.
I'm home now. Dried, changed and.. safe. But it doesn't feel safe.Because I'm worried for others.

Emailed my therapist and homeopath.Homeopath says Aconite. Taken that. Thank God he was online! At least I know he's safe now. But I'm still worried about my therapist - what if she doesn't reply to my email?

I feel both petrified and scarily calm.

If I allow myself to feel how much I need a hug right now, I start crying. Going to try and hold on, and hold the feeling too.
Oh God, I need a hug.

freudian nightmare
27-06-09, 20:40
Hello rose petal,
Sounds like you've had a day and a half hun, sorry you're feeling so upset and worried for others though having concern for other people is not a bad quality to have it shows that you care. I hope that these negative feelings will soon pass and tomorrow will be a more positive day for you. Big hugs and best wishes nanook x

den68
27-06-09, 20:43
i know just what you mean. I went through a phase when i was convinced something was going to happen to someone i cared about it so scary. But my councillor taught me to remember when i thought it was going to happen and nothing did. It works most the time but sometimes cant get a grip of it and then i think i will have a heart attack or something, but i have to keep telling myself every one is fine. hope that helps big hugs

Funky Mum
27-06-09, 20:44
Lots of :bighug1:

Southern_Belle
27-06-09, 23:22
I'm sorry you had such a bad day Rosepetal and although it is only a virtual hug it is meant to comfort you as if it were the real thing:bighug1: . I do hope tomorrow you wake up and have a wonderful day with no worries.

Take care,

Laura

rosepetal
28-06-09, 16:14
Been doing mostly ok today.
But just checked my emails again, and no response from my therapist still. I'm really really worried. As a general rule she doesn't respond to my emails, but has done in a similar case to this in the fairly recent past.
I do have a session tomorrow morning, and, until then, I won't know.

mick_uk
28-06-09, 16:34
:bighug1: