PDA

View Full Version : prickly/tingling in right arm lasting only a second

Katbe
28-06-09, 11:28
Hi

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this. Have noticed it over the last few weeks - only occasionally - i get this very quick slight tingle feeling (like the hairs on my arm are standing on end) - only for a split second. I am not sure what is causing it - sometimes seems to happen if I yawn or take a deep breath. Really wierd and starting to freak me out - has anyone else experienced this?thanks

monkeybutler
29-06-09, 01:18
i get that a lot, and usually just on my left arm, which sets off the fears of cardiac problems, which i've been checked for due to chest pains caused from anxiety so i know i'm fine, but it IS hard to rationalize sometimes.
When i get the tingly arm feeling i'm usually just sitting at my computer, and my window is to my left, so maybe thats whats happening and i get a chill.
I've also heard that if you're feeling anxious you may be hyperventilating slightly even if you don't realize it, and the resulting lack of CO2 in your blood can cause a tingly feeling but its harmless, and goes away once you breathe normally.
:flowers: