PDA

View Full Version : Desperate housewife

riaros
28-06-09, 18:05
Have never done anything like this before but after reading some comments feel more at ease knowing that its not only me who lives in a constant state of anxiety and panic. Totally taken over my life and have been on cipralex. Been off for over a year but looks like I'll have to start again. To those who know me I appear laid back and confident if only they knew the constant battle going on inside. Anyone else feel like this?

Eva May
29-06-09, 00:31
Hi riaros. I used to pretend I was perfectly "normal" as well. Did it for a long time with all of my friends but in the end it just became too stressful because I was constantly lying to them about I was really feeling about different things. For e.g. 'I can't go to the races with you guys because I can't afford it.' That wasn't the truth, the truth was I was too scared of the crowds and traffic. The biggest relief was to have them understand and tell me it was no problem. You could be very surprised to find that you're not alone in your thinking, the people closest to you could be feeling exactly the same. I think you should talk to them and not try to be something you're not, that's not fair on you and will only make you feel worse. :flowers: