PDA

View Full Version : am i loosing the plot

tasia
28-06-09, 21:08
Yesterday whilst sitting watching some videos of Michael Jackson. My two children said i made a strange hissing sound..as far as i was concerned this hissing was coming from the other room that was full of kids playing the x.box..ofcourse this freeked me out and i obviously got very upset saying it wasnt me as i wasnt atall aware i was doing it my children couldnt understand why i got so upset and my daughter said it probably was coming from the other room she wasnt sure but as far as im concerned now it was me and im on the way to the loony bin i had a massive anxiety attack and was upset the rest of the day couldnt even tell my husband as he is useless with me and my mental health issues its really got me down and ive been feeling quite well although have been under alot of stress this last week...i just feel like im going mad or something i hate feeling so vulnerable and stressed. I know the more i dwell on it the worse it will get i do give advice to people about anxiety and panic disorders god ive suffered with them half my life but when it comes to myself and trying to tell myself it probably was nothing to worry about im so useless...

Mistral
28-06-09, 21:41
Hi Tasia

When I was really bad a number of years ago, I was completely obsessed with my chest, breathing, wheezing etc. I can't remember the times I thought I heard myself wheeze, gurgle, hiss any number of strange noises and thought it was me and equally I can't remember the times the offending culprit moved, switched off, etc. and I was left laughing at myself because I had panicked because I thought it was me. Talk about being sensitised.

If you aren't hissing now, you are ok !!!! trust me

Mistral x

tasia
29-06-09, 11:24
lol...thanks mistral....you have made me feel better already as yes every noise i hear im thinking its me..omg..what a life at times hay...ill try to keep calm and try not to keep dwelling..thankyou so much for the reply xxxx