PDA

View Full Version : awful

neelam30
29-06-09, 10:27
i was having a good week, well, in terms of panic and anxiety. but for the last 5 days me and my husband are not talking. this is partly cause he doesnt know how to handle my problem and i dont blame him; he was initially supportive but is not helping me address the underlying issues, ie the reason why i have got this, i.e issues within our lives. but anyway all was ok in terms of panic till last night when i had a major cry before bed, then couldnt sleep so watched tv for a bit, then when i went back to bed i still could not sleep and half asleep woke up and felt really confused, was having really racing thoughts and thought i was on tv, then thought i was dying..just loads of thoughts and i got scared i was going mad. i couldnt get off to sleep as kept having 'heart stop' and breathing issues. it was so awful. is this normal for anxiety?
and now i cant bear to be at work, must be the bad night sleep but am feeling sick and dizzy and breathless. i feel terrible.
please some reassurance???

Kerrigan
29-06-09, 11:48
There's mixed emotions here because your anxiety has been manageable yet you still feel frustrated that there are unresolved issues in your relationship and that you can't get to the root of your problems together.

There's the anxiety issues that you need to deal with and need his support but equally there are underlying relationship issues that you both need to address together in order for him to be able to better understand you.

Because you haven't spoke for 5 days you need to extend much trust, forgiveness and love to compensate for that time and establish some + ground. Any talking at this point would be a sign of progress but don't just reconnect as opposed to being single, reconnect with quality words, mutual respect and willingness to share.

Good Luck :)

rubymolloy
29-06-09, 12:03
Hiya, Bless you, it's awful to feel so upset. I understand completely as I also fall apart at rows and misunderstandings.
It can feel very lonely in our minds with anxiety and the fear it creates.
I have only just started to use this site but Im hoping it can give me support that at times I cannot find from my partner and friends.
I hope that it helps you too to know that you are not alone....
Yes, the racing heart, feelings of going to suddenly die, sweating, feeling so ill, sounds like classic anxiety....but hey, don't worry!! (Ha, thats a joke)
Good luck, I hope that you find some peace somewhere along the line today,
kind regards
Ruby

Anxious_gal
29-06-09, 22:19
believe me when you suffer from anxiety its normal to have all sorts of crazy thoughts.
I often get weird thoughts while waking up or falling asleep.
I find coming on here or playing online games helps relax my mind