PDA

View Full Version : bp high anyone else get this with anxiety

gypsywomen
29-06-09, 12:08
my bp has been high all morning told doc said not to worry ,this was over the phone it went up more so i drove to the surgery, wouldnt see me ,why does it go up like this please anyone.i have had a bac pain thats been bohering me wonder if its played on my mind,fed up of this not getting any better wish somone could help let me know not on my own pus head always fuzzy

nomorepanic
29-06-09, 12:16
What reading was it?

gypsywomen
29-06-09, 12:22
170x103pulse 61thats high for me but docter said not to worry as pulse was fine

nomorepanic
29-06-09, 12:41
That is high but a one-off high reading is ok.

Are you taking it on a home blood pressure monitoring kit?

Have you sat quietly before taking it?

gypsywomen
29-06-09, 12:56
yes a home one i am always taking it its bad i shouldnt it had high readings eveytime i took it now its gone down to 147 84 67

andypee
29-06-09, 14:34
hi,

a few doctors have told me my blood pressure is high (i am only 21!), but put it down to "white coat syndrome".

smiths
29-06-09, 17:14
hi when my anx started i had high bp for 6 months the docs just kept an eye on it and i had to get it checked every couple weeks its fine now

den68
29-06-09, 19:38
Hi

Mine went sky high for a few weeks a couple of months ago and it is when im stressed off my head i have realised. I found a warm bath helped lower it and shutting my eyes and putting my feet up before taking it. It rockets everytime they take it at docs but my home moniter its fine. The doc did put me on pills but iv got this pill phobia and convinced my self i was dying from heart attack which i wasnt so doc took me off pills cause i was getting that stressed it was just going up

When iv had a really bad day at work that sends it sky high but if i lie down for 10 mins once i get home then take it then its normally coming down.
I heard garlic helps to bring it down so am giving that ago dont want any pills

Den68

lotte_82
29-06-09, 19:57
Its the anxiety, my blood pressure goes through the roof, usually with my pulse as well!! Oh the joys :mad:

moore
29-06-09, 20:15
Yes, there was an occasion when the Doc's eyes popped out over my reading (he didnt tell me what it was) after a stressful wait in the waiting room, next time it was absolutely normal.
Your doc probably hasnt helped psychologically by refusing to see you, but I tend to find theyre very interested if you show serious signs of illness, so I'd take that as a good thing :)

Personally I dont have a BP monitor and I dont want one. Because I know exactly what would happen if I had one available... :)

moore
29-06-09, 20:19
Oh and to answer your "why" question its quite logical, adrenaline causes constriction of your blood vessels so blood pressure increases. So the implication of that is it's normal to have raised BP in any situation where adrenaline is present.

cassy1989
29-06-09, 21:26
I was always under the impression that the way you could tell whether or not it was anxiety was because your pulse rate would shoot up aswell. But as your doctor has said its ok I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on it x