PDA

View Full Version : I'm fed up Please Help

matthew
29-06-09, 15:43
Hi,

I have had these weird pains and feelings in my left shoulder and left side of chest today. I also have had pains in my left arm, in my hands, upper and lower arm. I'm not sure if this has made me feel a little anxious or if I was feeling anxious to start with. I dont think I felt anxious before it started.

This is happening a lot lately and even though I know it is more than likely anxiety, it still worries me because why would I be feeling physical symptoms if I had anxiety????

Also, I worry that at some point I will have a heart attack because of these physical feelings????

I have noticed that I feel these things more in work than at home or weekends????

Any help or advice would be great thanks. I'm so happy I can speak with people who may be experiencing the same :)

valleybear
29-06-09, 16:55
Although it is more than likely stress, you should let the Doctor rule out any other cause before you put it down to anxiety...then you can deal with the symptoms as stress related. It is perfectly possible that anxiety manifests itself in these physical feelings, but check it out with a health professional first. Sure you will be fine.

pollyanna
29-06-09, 16:55
Hi Mathew

Ever since i have suffered from anxiety, ( 20 + years) i have always had strong physical symptoms , IBS, palpatations, pains in arms legs etc , i know how hard that is to believe but that is all it is.it took me a long time to accept that, but it all makes sense and i understand it now, but it was very frightening and difficult to deal before i got to that point.
many people have strong worries about their heart, and if they feel pain or discomfort in that area, they feel that is proof that their is something wrong . but is very likely to be anxiety in one of its guises. and of course the more you worry, the more the symptoms come. if you read some other posts you will see their are lots of people who experience the same thing..

Hope this has has given you some reassurance.

Best Wishes

P x :flowers:

matthew
29-06-09, 17:14
Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

I actually went to the hospital a few times back at the beginning of the year to have ECG, blood test and I also had a 24 hour ecg on my throughout my day ect as it worried me so much. They said my heart was fine. But I always wonder if it is my heart or not!

kestral
29-06-09, 20:00
hi matt
replied to you on a previous thread. it sounds like the work pressure catching up again. you will find it will come and go, mirroring your work performance. what you have to decide is if its worth having a high stress job or be happier with less income but a better life style.