PDA

View Full Version : Dosulepin

banana
29-06-09, 18:29
Hi, need some advice has anybody taken this drug and if so, what side effects they encountered? I am on 45mg mirtazapine at the moment but my anxiety has shot through the roof and they are not working. I have had a few stressful months and this is probably what has caused it, but am having trouble sleeping and at the moment the doc has put me on Zopiclone 7mg for 2 weeks which works and I do sleep but feel very rough the next day.

Thanks
Banana

P.S the doc also suggested a book called Managing your Mind - mental health workout book, hasn't arrived from Amazon yet but when it does will let you know what it is like.

nomorepanic
29-06-09, 18:34
Hi there

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you can read "similar thread".

Also try using the search facility and you will find all previous posts about this medication.

ElizabethJane
01-07-09, 18:48
Hi banana i have been taking dosulepin for about fifteen years. It is one of the older tricyclic anti depressants. It works well and is often used when the newer ssris have failed. It is quite sedating and you might find this continues during the day. I'm not sure what dose your doctor will start you on. I take 150mg at night together with lithium. I have taken mirtazapine as well and also zopiclone but not at the moment. You will typically have a dry mouth and maybe be abit constipated. I haven't put any weight on with dosulepin. The maximum dose is usually 200mg. I was put on this once but I could not concentrate and felt completely drugged up. I have been on 175mg without any bad effects. As with any anti depressant it will take a few weeks for the drug to build up in your system and for you to feel its effects.