PDA

View Full Version : Hi its Sian

Flewog25
29-06-09, 18:50
Hi,

My name is Sian and I have in the last couple of months been suffering with anxiety and mild depression. It got so bad recently that I had to move home to North Wales to live with my parents. Im quite frightened a lot of the time by what will happen to me, sometimes Im just pure scared about my life and other times I just can't seem to understand the world around me and every minute can seem like a lifetime. I have just been prescribed 20mg of Citalopram for a month and although I have been taking Diaz for the last 3 days Im going to stop it because I know its addictive - Im a smoker so I know I can get addicted to things easily. Although Im worried about the side effects of Citalopram I do want to try it. I have had about 5/6 sessions of CBT but now I am back in wales I will have to find another therapist - or a healer - whatever works! The NHS make you wait for months, its so unfair how there aren't enough therapists to help us - if I had a physical illness Im sure I would be seen much quicker. Anyway, if anyone has any words of wisdom that would be great. I do have the support of my family and friends so I realise that I am very lucky but giving up work and what is familiar to me is very hard, I just hope I can see this through. xx

lorac
29-06-09, 19:06
Hi Sian

Welcome to the site I think you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

diane07
29-06-09, 20:11
Hi Sian,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

you'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

Southern_Belle
02-07-09, 07:49
Hi Sian,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you have been feeling and will give their support. I'm glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura