PDA

View Full Version : Ugh man, this makes me nervous.

Blooregard
29-06-09, 21:51
So, I've figured out that I have a habit of having a huge panic attack when I meet my idols, and see them in person...

This has happened twice already, and it really scares me because I don't want it to happen again. \: My chest gets tight, and I feel lightheaded and I just start to babble on, and I get this RIDICULOUS pain in the right side of my head.

I mean, most of my panic attacks are like that, just without the head pain...

And I might meet someone in the near future... it's making me rethink wanting to because I don't want to look strange :(

I don't know what to do. \: Ahhh, just venting.

Rachel_123
30-06-09, 13:02
the thing about panic attacks is - nobody can actually tell if you feel awkard, sick etc..

don't worry about it too much!

Kerrigan
30-06-09, 15:29
Does that make seeing your idol less fulfilling? I suppose it would but usually your body's reaction is equal to the admiration you have for them. Hysteria is part of being a fan so it's not altogether unusual but if it's a full blown panic attack or feels unpleasant which, what you describe sounds VERY unpleasant and drains the thrill from the occassion then you might want to consider tranquilisers and then when you get there, try counting silently in your mind or squeezing something in your hands-obviously breath control as well.

Try think outwardly not internally on your body's building adrenaline levels, the body has to learn another way of responding so try detach and play the spectator, the casual observer who has been sent by someone else to get an autograph or needs to deliver a message to the celebrity (what you plan to say) so someone else has sent you and that someone is your calmer, confident self?!

I'm sure they are used to extreme emotions and are flattered by it anyway. Hope this helps.

Blooregard
01-07-09, 04:45
Thanks, both of you :) <3

Yea, I'm a terribly awkward person and I just start babbling when I'm panicking. I think I'll have to learn to deal with it.