PDA

View Full Version : Twinges, slight throbbing in heart

SOBAY310
29-06-09, 22:21
Just wondering, do you guys ever get somewhat sharp twinges or slight throbbing in the area of your heart. This happens to me in the upper left side of my chest (heart) on a daily basis.

Of course, I assume it's my heart acting up, just prepping me for a heart attack one day. What great minds we have, right? :weep:

Why can't I just live a happy life? I've posted about a lump on my thigh, a lump above my naval area, constant fear of dying, and now I'm posting about these little pains I get in my heart.

Can you guys relate to this heart pain? Perhaps my anxiety is on edge from the cardiac arrest of Michael Jackson, and the heart disease death of Billy Mays.

This board has gotten me through so much. :bighug1:

LisaLisa
30-06-09, 10:35
Just wondering, do you guys ever get somewhat sharp twinges or slight throbbing in the area of your heart. This happens to me in the upper left side of my chest (heart) on a daily basis.

Of course, I assume it's my heart acting up, just prepping me for a heart attack one day. What great minds we have, right? :weep:

Why can't I just live a happy life? I've posted about a lump on my thigh, a lump above my naval area, constant fear of dying, and now I'm posting about these little pains I get in my heart.

Can you guys relate to this heart pain? Perhaps my anxiety is on edge from the cardiac arrest of Michael Jackson, and the heart disease death of Billy Mays.

This board has gotten me through so much. :bighug1:

Hey Hi

Sounds like a muscle thing actually. I always remember reading that heart problems does not manifest as actuall pain in your heart, it just causes tightness right across your chest.

Definately a muscle pain if you ask me. I had that for a while ages ago and becuase I read the thing about heart itself not actually hurting - no pain recepters there - i stopped noticing it and then it went for a while but unforunately comes back now and again as lung pain casued by hiv lol

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

SOBAY310
30-06-09, 16:13
Hey Hi

Sounds like a muscle thing actually. I always remember reading that heart problems does not manifest as actuall pain in your heart, it just causes tightness right across your chest.

Definately a muscle pain if you ask me. I had that for a while ages ago and becuase I read the thing about heart itself not actually hurting - no pain recepters there - i stopped noticing it and then it went for a while but unforunately comes back now and again as lung pain casued by hiv lol

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

I had no idea your actual heart does not actually hurt. I'm so lame that after I eat a big meal I'll get that little throb and think that that's my heart working overtime or pumping harder than it should.

Thanks for the reply Lisa, I really do appreciate it. :hugs:

nomorepanic
30-06-09, 16:18
Hi there

The heart does not hurt like that if you are suffering a heart attack - the pain is in the middle.

The heart is a muscle though so gets pains like any other muscles in your body.

Some stretches will help it.

SOBAY310
30-06-09, 19:39
Hi there

The heart does not hurt like that if you are suffering a heart attack - the pain is in the middle.

The heart is a muscle though so gets pains like any other muscles in your body.

Some stretches will help it.

You've probably explained this 1,000 times to many other people, but thank you for taking the time to explain it to me too. :hugs: