PDA

View Full Version : Burning sensation in hands

valley
29-06-09, 23:36
Hi all,

I have not been on the board in a while and have been fortunate to have had a "break" from my anxiety symptoms for quite some time. Well, the other night I woke up with quite a scary sensation. My hands (palms and fingers) felt hot, like they were burning. It felt like I had kept my hands in hot water too long. I had been sleeping and when I woke I don't think I was sleeping on my hands so it couldn't have been that. It would go away when I would move or shake my hands and fingers, but come back if they sat still for any bit of time. It lasted about 15 minutes and then finally subsided. I had even gotten up out of bed to run my hands under cold water because they felt like they were burning. I don't think they felt too hot to the touch and didn't look very red, they just FELT that way.
I've read that it could be a sign of nerve diseases or it could be something like carpal tunnel. I dont really have any other symptoms of carpal tunnel though. Has anyone else had this?

Thanks,
Valley

cheryl72
30-06-09, 23:58
Hi Valley

I get this burning sensation on the top of my foot near my toes. It comes on suddenly and can last an hour but sometimes goes as quick as it comes.

I have been told it is caused by my medication, i'm on citalopram. I'm sure you will be fine, but if your worried check it with your doctor x