PDA

View Full Version : where do i start

skyblue
30-06-09, 12:10
yes its me again!!!

thank god for all you lovlies, having suffered from anxiety for as long as i can remember,in various stages raging from being in an anxious state all day every day, to extreme panic attacks,to anxious about everthing and nothing.

after reading some of your post about how things that have made us anxious in the past dont have such a frightening hold on us,only to be replaced by new one that come along.

iv now got a new one,im not in the stage where im not in control of the panic,its just when i step out the door,i feel everthing coming in on me and i want to just crouch in a ball,(not a preety sight)lol

i went to the library yesterday,and all the shelves started moving,or so i thought,i started to panic that it was my eyes,so left (with out my book)
its so bloody annoying.
tried to get to work today no chance!!:wacko:

its seems my mind is finding everything that freaks me out and throwing it in my face,even ones i did'nt know.

well thats my tale of woe:whistles:

this will not make sense to anyone else,but only to us,who have this crap everyday!!!!!

im handing out medals to us all:yesyes:

love skyxx:flowers:

Marginalia
01-07-09, 18:47
its seems my mind is finding everything that freaks me out and throwing it in my face,even ones i did'nt know.

well thats my tale of woe:whistles:

this will not make sense to anyone else,but only to us,who have this crap everyday!!!!!

im handing out medals to us all:yesyes:

love skyxx:flowers:

Thank you! *polishes medal*

I was feeling so completely exhausted just trying to fend off all the new worries, it's nice to get a reward for all the fighting ;)

I know exactly what you mean.

Sometimes I actually laugh at the part of my brain which is responsible for producing the new worries, because it obviously runs out of ideas sometimes and comes up with ones that once I have slain them, are completely stupid. Like...um... this guy starts falling in love with me, and I really have fallen for him too, so my anxiety is producing all these ideas about what could go wrong, such as him turning out to have some undesirable characteristic, or finding someone else. So OK, I fight off all these conventional worries and then my anxiety runs out of good ideas and starts throwing the really implausible ones at me "maybe he's gay", "perhaps he is my father's secret love child".
:doh:
So yeah, your anxiety making the shelves move... it's par for the course.

Sympathies... and yes you deserve that medal ;)

skyblue
02-07-09, 11:50
Hi marginalia

hope that medal is shinning!!!!

how funny do you think he is really gay!!!

well hows this for crazy me and hubby went off to mamlesbury to abbey house gardens booked into nice B&B was bit anxious about, going but thought want to see tha gardens so ill get there if it kills me.

pulled up to B&B though omg this looks like the ADAMS FAMILY HOUSE was waiting for lurch to open the door,then got a crazy idea that we would be murderd in our beds ,then would they look for our car,did'nt sleep all night hubby out for the count,then thought she might poison my breakfast so could not eat,so b....y starving trying to look all jolly,but really was a lovely farm house with nice people funny how we turn into somthing else...

i put it down to my creativity lol

take care
sky

charlie32
02-07-09, 12:15
Hi sky
glad you mentioned things moving.
I swear when walking into town yesterday (shaking and sweating) the pavement started moving backwards! I had to stop and sit on some persons wall for a couple of mins till I was sure it wasn't. I also feel that the air is heavier when its hot and its weighing me down!

sandradee
02-07-09, 21:58
I also feel that the air is heavier when its hot and its weighing me down!

That's why they call it 'heavy weather' and being 'under the weather' I suppose. It's very draining and accentuates any panicky feelings. I'm in a warm region of France and doing a rain dance! :)

Marginalia
03-07-09, 00:04
Hi marginalia
how funny do you think he is really gay!!!
He's definitely not gay ;)

(That was just one of my irrational worries from when our relationship was more platonic...)

Hi marginalia
well hows this for crazy me and hubby went off to mamlesbury to abbey house gardens booked into nice B&B was bit anxious about, going but thought want to see tha gardens so ill get there if it kills me.

pulled up to B&B though omg this looks like the ADAMS FAMILY HOUSE was waiting for lurch to open the door,then got a crazy idea that we would be murderd in our beds ,then would they look for our car,did'nt sleep all night hubby out for the count,then thought she might poison my breakfast so could not eat,so b....y starving trying to look all jolly,but really was a lovely farm house with nice people funny how we turn into somthing else...

i put it down to my creativity lol

Aww! Yes, you definitely make my worries seem rather uncreative ;)

I think anxiety and imagination correlate. (Despite my less creative worries, I do have a vivid imagination and write novels for a hobby) It's easier to scare oneself then. I have to avoid watching horror films or ready scary stories. In fact have given up watching the television completely as it really enhances my anxiety. But I didn't find the Addamms Family scary :unsure:

I hope you enjoyed the gardens at Malmesbury despite all this?
:hugs:
Min.