30-06-09, 14:38
Hi everyone

Can people tell me if they can feel any little lumps in their cheeks at all

Sorry, just really worried about mine

Lisa
xxx

NyGirl
30-06-09, 15:23
The Inside Of My Cheeks Have Two Bumps On Both Sides. My Dentist Toldme Its Most Likely From Me Grinding My Teeth And Not To Worry Since They Arent A Weried Color Or Anything =) Did U Mean Inside Or Outside?

Stressed32
30-06-09, 15:48
Lisa.....STOP IT!!!!!!!!! You are TOTALLY normal aside from your irational thought today!!

I have bumps in my mouth...NOT SORES.....it is like bumps under the skin in my mouth. Those lumps are fat tissues in your face! Kind of like cellulite that does not make your swimsuit look bad. These are not HIV realted....I have always had these since I was a kid. I know this because as a child a friend of mine shot me in the face with an airgun and a broken fireplace match...and the stick went through my cheek! I have a scar inside my mouth from it so I remember noticing all those little fat bumps then and I was a virgin so NO WAY I was HIV + then just like I am not + now.....you are normal, we both are...no HIV...5 - tests....and those are NOT a sign of HIV anyway! People with ADVANCED HIV (and you would know if you were at this stage b/c you would also have lesions, fever, diarea, weight loss, etc) get mouth sores and trust me....I made the mistake of googling moth sores and that is NOT what u have because they are big, bloody, painful looking sores and you would be in the hospital!

moore
30-06-09, 16:34
Hi everyone

Can people tell me if they can feel any little lumps in their cheeks at all

Sorry, just really worried about mine

Lisa
xxx

Tiny ones like pin sized at the front of the cheek inside?
= "Fordyce spots". Tiny sebacious glands, normally painless and totally harmless. If you irritate them they can get a bit painful but only temporarily.

Bigger lumps are probably just where you've bitten them. I have a row of lumps where I constantly bite my cheek because my teeth are all over the place (refused braces as a child..)

xfilme
17-07-09, 09:52
They are called Fordyce Granules and are perfectly normal. The majority of people develop them as they get older. I have them myself across my entire upper lip, going down intothe corners of my mouth and spreading out on the inside of my cheeks. I too was alarmed by them when I first noticed them, but ask any friend to look at the skin on the inside of their cheeks and you are more than likely gonna see them there too x