PDA

View Full Version : Physical activity and panick attacks??

Vic.
30-06-09, 16:05
The reason I bring this up is because I was prescribed Paroxetine last week and took my first one today and I had a funny experience. I'm over-weight and every time I was doing any simple physical activity, stuff like washing the dishes, cleaning the room, etc ,I was getting out of breath, sweating, heart racing and I would tremble and get slightly panicky. I blamed these symptoms on being unfit and over-weight as anyone naturally would since I was doing physical activity at the time.

However, after 3-4 hours after taking my first Paroxetine, I cleaned the room and never felt out of breath, sweaty or any of the symptoms I did before:unsure: .

Isn't that strange? Paroxetine and the increase of serotonin it sends to the brain must tell the brain your body isn't working as hard as you think?:unsure:

pr maybe the Paroxetine is making me think funny things:roflmao:

Vic.
30-06-09, 20:35
Has anyone else experienced this?

Its quite strange though that a nerve tablet would prevent you from getting attacks when doing physical stuff, especially when the physical stuff was responsible for giving you an attack in the first place.

...anyone care to explain?....or has someone experianced the same stuff?

NoPoet
30-06-09, 20:41
Hi, for my first week or two on citalopram 20mg, I noticed the same thing. Physical activity seemed to trigger an increase in my anxiety.

I also noticed that changes to my breathing such as exercise could induce panic attacks.

Occasionally physical activity does seem to heighten my anxiety even now but not to the same degree. I'd say this problem is 99% gone. It is just a side effect of the medication and it does go away.

Vic.
30-06-09, 20:49
Should I have these out of breath, sweating, nervous episodes when undertaking physical activity with simple house-hold tasks? I'm 17 stone, 5ft.11.

EDIT:- DON'T have them now, since I took Paroxetine.

Vic.
30-06-09, 21:37
nice car PsychoPoet http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/avatars/car_1.jpg (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=19778)