PDA

View Full Version : living nightmare

miss30
30-06-09, 23:26
Hi all.I have suffered with anxiety and panic disorder for 9 years.Been on seroxat for 7 of them.it definately helps but i feel 7 years a long time.My fears are of dying,this came with panic attacks after a minor car crash.I have okay days and very very bad days.i feel i never get a break from this illness:weep: At the moment i'm suffering from globus sensation in my throat,very frightening,i can't eat as frightened of choking,lost 10 pounds not good as i'm 8 months pregnant,i often wonder why me.Would love to here from people in my situation and especially pregnant people i'm petrified of dying in labour.

bingley
01-07-09, 10:23
Hi there, is this your first baby? Is it easier for you to drink your food (milkshakes, soups etc). Try to get plenty of rest, even if you cant sleep you can lie down, and it will benefit you both. I was really stressed during my first pregnancy, rageing hormones didnt help, as soon as I had given birth it felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I felt loads better. 100 years ago giving birth could be life threatening, but medical science has come along way since then, so please do not worry about dying. So many unhelpful people delighted in telling me their own awful birthing experiences, it made me even more panicy about giving birth, until a good freind said Karen you just get on with it, its like having a really big hard painfull s**t, its not that bad, and she was right !!! (made me laugh too) Our bodies are amazing and things progress of their own accord. With my second pregnancy I was less stressed, ate too much cake and was the size of a whale. I felt really posative about giving birth and when the time came got to the hospital with my essential oils knowing that I could cope with the job in hand, ready for a natural birth. Well I had a huge baby trying to come out bum first (undiognosed breach) and had to have an emergancy ceaserean. Odd thing is that if I would have known that I had to have a ceaserean I would of paniced and worked myself up into a right state. And you know what, my fear of having a ceaserean was totally unfounded , I was so numb I didnt feel anything,and out came a 9lb 11oz beautifull baby girl. Please try not to worry about giving birth (easier said than done), as you cant see into the future , everyones experience differs, and the maternaty staff are brill, they guide you through a natural birth telling you when to push and when to stop, and I promise you after the event when you are sitting up having your toast and jam and a cup of tea, you will think that wasnt so bad after all !!!! Karen x.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Veronica H
01-07-09, 11:46
:welcome: to NMP. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

Rachel424
01-07-09, 16:10
Hi there and welcome. I can only imagine how anxious you must feel being pregnant. You will find lots of support here from people who are going through a similar experience to you. Take care, Rachelxx