PDA

View Full Version : help me please

Nicola_lou
01-07-09, 09:25
i need help i think imdying wat do i do. i cant breath tidy my chest is tight my stomach is bard. i woke up thinking i was dying wat do i do help me.
im 23 if that helps.
can i stop breathing chest pain killing

Kraggy
01-07-09, 09:30
Calm down, relax. Sounds like you've got gass, or otherwise known as bloating! A very common sympthon of Irritable Bowel Syndrom, Heck I get it often myself aswell, My stomach gets big & hard, I can't "Pull it in" because it hurts to much, I get cramp-like pains in my upper stomach area.

The Chest Tightness sounds more like a panic attack, probably caused my anxiety which in turn is caused my the bloating!

You'll be fine, just calm down. I know its hard since I went through similar things before, but once you calm down it'll get better, slowly, but it will get better. Just dont expect it to be over in minutes when you've managed to calm down a bit.

:bighug1:

Kraggy

LisaLisa
01-07-09, 12:09
i need help i think imdying wat do i do. i cant breath tidy my chest is tight my stomach is bard. i woke up thinking i was dying wat do i do help me.
im 23 if that helps.
can i stop breathing chest pain killing
How are you now dear?

Lisa
xxx:hugs:

sb001f8994
01-07-09, 12:10
Hi Nicola,
I sopke to you in chat earlier. I hope you managed to get a GPs appointment as you need to rule out a chest infection. Your symptoms do sound like panic and unfortunatley because we fear it only makes the problems worse. Kraggy's right you need to calm down and try and distract yourself. I get everything out of my wardrobe and then put it all back...stupid I know but it works for me. You need to find something that will distract you, maybe not something as mundane as clearing out the closets!
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Take care,
Carol xx

Thumbelina
01-07-09, 12:48
Nicola,

I was saying exactly the same words as you wrote when I was in ER the first time and then doctor told me - of course youa re dying - we all are dying, we all will die one day, but You - not today - not yet.

This helped, becuase this statement didnt look too optimistic - as you wouldnt believe in anything too pinky - when you are at the middle of the break down, but at the same time it gave me a short persective - NOT TODAY, which was a small step, and as much reasurance as was ecceptable!!!

OK? - Not today!!!