PDA

View Full Version : Who worries about autoimmune diseases and why?

cassy1989
01-07-09, 09:58
Who else worries about autoimmune diseases and what symptoms have you had that have made you worry?

I worry alot about having MS, still not 100% I don't have it.
I have had symptoms such as numbness, double vision for a few weeks, tingling, cold and burning type pains.

Kraggy
01-07-09, 10:13
I've had similar fears aswell, About MS to, because I've experienced feeling weird vibrations inside my muscles, on diffirent parts of my body. they're really hard to explain, but for some reason I tend to connect them to MS...

moore
01-07-09, 10:39
I think it's an "ideal" target for us HA sufferers to dwell on, because its a combination of being generalised and hard to diagnose ("the GP must have missed it"), and also really unpleasant.

cassy1989
01-07-09, 10:42
I agree. 2 and a half years ago my eye sight went funny for 2 weeks. I had double vision and the doctor said it could be down to sinusitus which I had at the time whilst the optician said it was probably down to me having a lazy eye. It went away slowly by itself in the end but if I stay up til like 5 or 6 in the morning (not that I ever do now!) then it goes funny again until I go to sleep.

Anyway I find it so hard to believe that this isnt something to do with MS!

I'm convinced the doctor just didnt listen to me properly or that they got it wrong!