PDA

View Full Version : Torticollis and terrified....

Laylag
01-07-09, 10:16
Hi,

So I woke up yesterday morning unable to lift or turn my neck without excrutiating pain in my head and neck.I was absolutely petrified.Went drs yesterday who put his hands on my neck and diagnosed me with torticollis and gave me painkillers.Mind working overtime now and all horrible things are coming to mind and Im panicking.Would torticollis cause pain in my head on turning it as well as my neck,only it seems my head hurts more today than my neck.Please help am going crazy here.

Kraggy
01-07-09, 10:28
Torticollis can be caused by things as simple as sleeping in a weird position, or having heavy winds blow in your face for a long time (Like with a car-window open, I still remember my mom & dad not allowing me to sit with the car window open for long times because its "Bad for the neck") The muscles in the neck are directly connected to the head to, There's even a specific kind of head-ache caused by tense neck-muscles! (Although I forgot what it was called xP)

Just trust your doctor, Iknow it is a hard thing to do, and that whole "But what if" can make life very hard, but he's probably, no, make that he IS right.

There are some cases where it is more serious, but even in those cases it is not life threatening, those people just have it in a much more severe, longer lasting version.

Laylag
01-07-09, 10:39
Thanks for replying,its just so easy to google and then you scare the absolute hell out of yourself.I havent had a panic attack for the last 12 months and those familiar feelings are creeping up.I am even scared to take the painkillers as have read the side effects.I hate feeling like this :(