PDA

View Full Version : I cant beat HA I just dont know what to do next

antrob1000
01-07-09, 11:44
For the last 7 months I have been suffering from HA my main worries are mouth cancer, nose cancer and skin cancer.
It is really driving my insane I notice a different thing to worry about every day. i sopend hours with a torch looking in my mouth and up my nose ( Im must be insane) I have so many things going for me at the moment and I know I should be happy but I just keep worrying. I just cant seem to beat this. Would it be worth while to see a doctor about this and see if I could speak to somone about it or get CBT. I feel like I should be able to deal with this on my own and I dont want to start taking tablets either.

Thanks

Anthony

bingley
01-07-09, 12:03
Hi Anthony,
I think it would be a good idear to go visit to docs, Im sure he would recomend CBT for you. Meds are not always the answer.

Dont think that you have to deal with this alone, granted only you can cure yourself, but others are there to help you manage this.

This site is fab for meeting likeminded folks, have you checked the game page out yet?? Its good fun and brill for distrating you from your worries.

Best wishes and good luck to you Karen

RosieXXX
01-07-09, 12:05
Hello antrob,

Health anxiety is a wretched condition, which is extremely difficult to cope with on your own. Many people have been helped with CBT, so I definitely think it is worthwhile going to your doctor and explaining the way you feel. At least you can see from this nmp site there are plenty of people who can understand your problem, and help support which can also be a great comfort. Don't struggle with this alone, go and see your doctor, I think you will feel a whole lot better once you have taken that first step.

antrob1000
01-07-09, 12:39
Thanks for you advise it really does help.

I find this so strange and difficult. I just want to go back to how I was 7 montsh ago. As soon as i wake up in the morning I worry about cancer. My wife is very supportive and try's to reassure me. i think its hard as I never used to be like this I always thought I was a logical person but these fears I have are not logical.
I jus want to get rid of this feeling and start to enjoy myself again.

antrob1000
01-07-09, 12:53
I am thinking about booking a appointment for the doctors today, Im woried that the doctor will think I am wasting his/her time. I am always worried taht they might sugges tablets. I really dont think taht this would help me. I just need to get our of this cycle of worrying. I think jusr being able to talk to someone about it would help.

RosieXXX
01-07-09, 15:40
Go ahead and book the appointment; you have got absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. You can explain to your doctor exactly how you are feeling, and the chances are your doctor will be understanding and able to discuss the best possible course of action. I am sure he isn't going to insist you take medication; I think CBT is considered to be one of the best treatments for health anxiety, and I am sure he will be able to arrange this for you. It is surprising how health anxiety takes hold of us, and it does seem totally irrational when we look back on it, but extremely real when we are in the middle of suffering. Wishing you all all the best.