PDA

View Full Version : hot choclate

trevor
09-09-05, 21:25
hi everyone,,

hope we are doing ok,

while reading throu an hypnotists website abpout anxiety he said that you should avoid hot chocolate is this true because i do enjoy a mug of the stuff???

also chocolate i mean what can i eat without it affecting my anxiety???/
they say STOP SMOKING STOP THIS STOP THAT we would be all angels wouldnt we if we did everything the drs and other peoplple tell us ,,,

dont know eher to go from here now,,,i read on this site that us anxiety sufferes cannot take flu remidies like lemsip and stuff i suffer with the flu every year without fail and now i just dont know what to take ???

just a little anxious now about what i am eating drinking ???should i starve or what>?????

thanks in advance for your replies probably wont see you all again i will have wasted away with starvation LOL sorry

catch you all soon ok,,,

trevor,:)

stardust
09-09-05, 21:40
Doctors tell you to avoid everything........but its all bull.......they tell you that and thyre probably ast home stuffing hotchoclate and the lotdown their necks....lol

"The truth is out there" Frank Gallagher, Shameless

trevor
09-09-05, 21:41
nice 1 ocd girl,,

i like you cause you tell the way it is you certainatly dont mess around
thanks ,,lol

trevor[8D]

stardust
09-09-05, 21:44
thanks trevor! :) I nearly got thrown off the site yesterday, nicola (no more panic) almost threw me off because i was telling it like it is, but she said i was upsetting people....jesus christ....all for being someone who doesnt front, doesnt bulls*hit

trevor
09-09-05, 21:47
well i think its a good thing telling it like it is,,,

all respect to you girl ok,,

xx trevor:)

stardust
09-09-05, 21:48
thanks trevor! :D

Elle-Kay
10-09-05, 11:34
Trevor, if you enjoy hot chocolate but are concerned, you could try getting yourself a high quality, organic brand (no additives etc). The one I have is by Green and Blacks, and you make it up with milk - it's delicious! :)

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Peru83
10-09-05, 12:48
Hi trevor,

I wouldn't say you have to starve yourself but it's true what they say about a healthy body and healthy mind.

Do you exercise? Thats ment to help your anxiety. Don't take things that have caffine in them as caffine builds adrenalin and that can cause a panic attack. Now what would you rather a hot chocolate or a panic attack I know what I would choose. Eat more fruit and veg even buy yours self a good multi vitamin. Every little helps.

I stopped smoking and drinking coffee after my first panic attack in may, fair enough I really didn't have a choice in the matter as I now have a fear of going into panic if I touch them. I would say it's helped though. I have started to add healthier things into my diet eg Shredded wheat and Actimel for breaky, I just drink water and fresh juice no fizzy stuff cause of the caffine and fruit when I'm peckish.

I would say this should help

Take Carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

paladin806
10-09-05, 21:42
Hi Trevor, why dont you go to the Docs and get a flu jab once a year? Would save all that stress your putting yourself through, and while you there, get him to "give it to you Straight" about what you can and cant eat with your condition.
You never know, it might prolong your life!

Quirky
10-09-05, 22:03
Trevor,

I have anxiety/panic and take lemsip for colds or flu and I have no trouble with it. I have since read it shouldn't be taken by panic sufferers so next time I take it will probably be nervous. lol But seriously it's the only thing I take for colds and it's always been fine.

LJ

mico
11-09-05, 12:16
At the end of the day Trevor, these are just recommendations. It's entirely up to you what you do with them.

It's true that they can all have negative effects on anxiety, but giving up something like smoking isn't as easy as the doctor may sugest to you.

Having said that, I think the main ones here are smoking and caffeine.

I would think the Lemsips were advised against because of the caffeine that most paracetamol products contain these days. If you haven't had any trouble with this before, then I wouldn't worry about it since it isn't a regular thing, it seems that some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. But, it's entirely up to your discretion.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

trevor
11-09-05, 23:46
hi everyone ,,

thank you for all your positive posts,,

not sure about yours mico,,,i know it is up to me and what i do,,,didnt much care for your post but thank you anyway,,

trevor