PDA

View Full Version : rib pain

neelam30
01-07-09, 16:16
i have been hyperventilating for 2 days and i have just been hit with a bad pain in my lower ribs. am paranoid that its a clot or something, but common sense is telling me that its probably due to hyperventilation. also if it was a clot or lungs stuff it would hurt to breathe,
anyone confirm this?
thanks

SocialTool
01-07-09, 23:05
hey there. I am going thru this as well at the moment. I went to my doctor on Monday and she poked around a bit and summized that it was muscular. The pain I was having was on my left side, wrapping around to the back by the kidney. I was terrified! My left lower rib hurt when I pushed on it. She said that it's all muscular and there are so many small muscles in that area that it's very easy to pull or strain them. Did you do anything recently that could have hurt your back? Like I was freaking out, but then I realized I have been lifting a lot at work and I carried a 42 pound air conditioner from the car into the house and put it in the window (I never ask for help! LOL). Sometimes if you backtrack, you can find out when you might have hurt yourself. Try making an appointment with the doc. Mine ran bloodwork and took a urine sample to rule out all of the obvious. It made me feel a lot better. She gave me an anti-inflammatory and I've been feeling better. Just take it easy hun. You will feel better soon. :hugs: